Degreed is the upskilling platform that empowers growth and innovation through lifelong learning. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed enables employers to create a dynamic culture of learning to attract, grow and retain talent, drive individual development, and deliver business results.
We’re looking for an experienced iOS Developer who is excited about architecting and implementing scalable systems to join our team. In this role, you will work together as a member of a cross-functional team to build new features, fix bugs, and drive the Degreed product forward.
This role will be based in Bengaluru, India. After an in-office onboarding period, this position will be remote-first but with requirements for recurring in-office days for team syncs and group gatherings. Candidates will also be required to travel internationally 1-2 times annually for full company gatherings.
Day in the Life
- Architect, develop, and maintain the Degreed mobile application on the iOS platform.
- Implement beautiful mobile layouts and continually improve the quality of UI code.
- Write safe and secure code using Swift, Objective-C, and Realm.
- Inform on and adhere to iOS development best practices to create modular, maintainable, high-quality code.
- Migrate existing features and add new features to the upcoming cross-platform Flutter application using Dart and BLoC.
- Collaborating with product owners to ensure features and changes meet business requirements and fulfill the Degreed strategy.
- Working closely with designers, UX, and other developers to gain an understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details.
- Learning, growing professionally, and contributing to an amazing team, playing a key role in fueling a massive change in learning and learning recognition.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
There are only a handful of folks who meet all qualifications. We care more about hiring engineers that have a track record of shipping impactful, quality software than checking all of the boxes. So whether you meet all the qualifications or a partial set, we want to hear from you.
- 3 years or more experience developing iOS and/or Flutter applications and services.
- Experience with:
- Coding in statically typed languages and native iOS development frameworks (Swift preferred)
- Securely consuming REST APIs in a mobile application context
- Working with local application databases for caching application data (Realm preferred)
- Building native mobile apps using Flutter OR willing and eager to learn
- Capable of:
- Creating highly scalable systems and frameworks
- Working on a distributed team with asynchronous communication in a remote work environment
- Learning and working with new technologies and frameworks
- Possess strong communication, collaboration, and documentation skills.
- Solution-driven with the ability to understand the big picture.
- Lifelong learner and passionate about discovering new things and taking on new challenges.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction.
What Sets You Apart
- Enterprise SaaS company experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with Swift/Objective-C, Java/Kotlin, Dart, and other core elements of our technology stack and/or productivity tools such as Jira and Confluence.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with one of our recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to a 45-minute interview with the hiring manager.
- Candidates will then be invited to a 1.5-hour technical interview with 2 developers.
- Candidates may then be invited to a 60-minute panel interview including other developers and cross-functional team members.
- Candidates may then be invited to a 30-minute interview with a senior leader.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer.