Qualifications: Demonstrated experience in high-speed, low-latency development, Prior backend coding experience with GoLang, Docker, Kubernetes, Strong coding skills and knowledge of OOP Patterns, TDD.Util, CI/CD pipelines.
- Work with product function on new features, write tests, deploy software
- Collaborate with architecture team, contribute to system designs
- Participate in technical meetings, mentor junior team members
The Pepperstone story started in 2010. We know what it’s like to trade the world’s markets. Our team describes us as a place for the curious and the driven, and we like to do things a little differently; as a transformative global fintech we’re digital, nimble, connected, and united in our vision to create a better way to trade.
We thrive on progress – for our clients and for ourselves. Our organizational culture is ever-evolving, vibrant, diverse, global and results focused. You’ll find our 350+ team currently across 9 locations and time zones.
Our Engineering team is seeking a Backend Engineer to join us and contribute to the next stage of growth at Pepperstone. As a Backend Engineer at Pepperstone, you will be an essential part of our Engineering team and play a vital role in developing and maintaining our software infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, innovate, and create solutions that help shape the future of Pepperstone.
Our team of Product Managers and UX Designers are dedicated to creating exceptional user experiences for our clients, and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with these teams, learn from them, and contribute your expertise to deliver high-quality solutions that meet our clients' needs.
Working remotely from Philippines, you'll be joining a global team of engineers in a flexible, progressive company with a flat org structure and vibrant team culture.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Working closely with the product function to continue to build out new functionalities
- Writing unit, automation and performance tests and integrating work into a CI/CD pipeline for deployment in line with our development guidelines
- Working with the architecture team and development operations to design and deploy systems for use in the business
- Contributing to architecture and design in collaboration with the Engineering Team Lead
- Participating in and contributing to technical direction meetings, ensuring development and design principles are followed
- Contributing to the improvement of software development lifecycle processes and undertaking code reviews
- Mentoring more junior team members
- Working within an agile environment and contributing to continuous improvement of our processes
- Contributing to backlog grooming in close collaboration with the Business Analysts
- Demonstrated experience of developing in high-speed, low-latency environments
- Previous backend coding experience, particularly GoLang (Java, C++ optional)
- Docker and related container-orchestration technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience in infrastructure as code (Terraform or Cloud Formation)
- Strong fundamental programming techniques and concepts (OOP Patterns, TDD, functional programming concepts, algorithms and data structures, distributed computing)
- Experience in developing and managing systems using cloud computing products(AWS EKS)
- Good documentation habits and best practices
- Focus on writing readable, efficient, and performant code
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- The ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- At Pepperstone, we value your committed to ongoing learning and development
Why you will enjoy working with us:
- Permanent remote set-up working from Philippines
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Genuinely collaborative and friendly culture
- Flexible day shift arrangements – we value work-life balance
More about Pepperstone
We’re a regulated online Forex and CFD trading platform. With the scale of a global fintech and the agility of a start-up, we arm our clients with everything they need to take on the global markets with confidence. You will be part of a wider passionate and friendly team, and whilst things may not always go to plan, we learn quickly and move forward with impact. To learn even more visit Pepperstonecareers.com and www.linkedin.com/company/pepperstone/
Pepperstone is an equal opportunity employer. We are passionate about building a diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from any background.
We understand it’s important to do due diligence on a prospective employer, see what our team are saying on Glassdoor. We respect our team members’ experiences and will never pay to remove a negative review.
- Excellent communication with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Devoted to ongoing learning and development
- Being adaptable, proactive in improving development processes