NuvoLogic Consulting is a management consulting company in the Northern Virginia area. We engage with public and private sector clients with a primary focus on financial services and mortgage finance. We help our clients in the areas of finance, accounting and operations to support CFO, budget, audit readiness, and risk management functions; business and data analytics to help management make insightful decisions; internal controls, compliance and governance to ensure processes are compliant with regulatory guidance; and process improvements to explore and implement efficient approaches.
NuvoLogic is a growing company and we are looking for individuals to grow with us. We are looking for consultants who not only have strong technical skills, but are well-rounded, analytical, detail oriented, inquisitive, problem solvers. We encourage you to share ideas and explore innovation, but also inspire you to implement those ideas and think big. We foster a collaborative and supportive environment where you can do your best work and think of your greatest ideas.
NuvoLogic Consulting is seeking a Project Manager/Senior Quantitative Modeler with a strong financial modeling, financial analysis and econometrics background to support our public sector clients. The qualified individual will utilize their knowledge of and experience with financial and predictive models to support the independent validation and verification (IV&V) of financial models to support clients attaining a clean audit opinion. Individual will have a strong understanding and hands-on experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, economic modeling, and model validation. Individual will have the ability to analyze and interpret complex statistical and financial data using various program languages and various quantitative, econometric and statistical techniques.
The Individual will be the Project Manager to ensure project objectives and deliverables are met.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage team of consultants, ensure quality of deliverables, manage budget and schedule of project, and be the client point of contact
- Validate financial models and analytical tool(s) used for portfolio management, valuation, financial reporting, budgeting, and strategic decision-making.
- Test model inputs, implications of assumptions, framework, methodology, outputs, performance, implementation, controls and limitations of models.
- Evaluate the reliability, stability, and robustness of models using both quantitative (statistical) and qualitative techniques, such as sensitivity analysis, back-testing and benchmarking model performance using programming languages, such as SAS, R, and Python, and VBA. Provide insight regarding model performance and soundness of results.
- Evaluate statistical significance of relevant economic variables used in models. Evaluate and recommend inclusion of alternate economic variables and ways to improve model coefficients.
- Gather data from source systems and perform data analytics and cleansing to prepare the data for model execution/independent validation.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders.
- Research, recommend, and present model enhancements, applying industry best practices and techniques.
- Document test and/or validation results, including observations and findings. Produce high-quality, well-written model validation reports. Track the resolution and remediation of validation findings. Produce reports to track model validation status and results for management and regulators.
- Ensure compliance with model governance policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Quantitative Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other applicable quantitative or technical field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- At least 7 years of management experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate proficiency with SAS, VBA, and Excel while managing large data. Proficiencies in R and other programming languages/analytical tools is a plus.
- PMP Certification
- Federal Government Client requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Proven experience as a Project Manager or team lead over similar work
- Knowledge of loss reserve, loss allowance, credit subsidy modeling and forecasting.
- A strong foundation in finance, statistics and/or econometrics.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Public sector and/or commercial banking experience.
- Ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in written form.
- Experience in econometric modeling approaches such as logistic regression, time series analysis, microsimulations, etc.
- U.S. citizenship required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home