What We’re All About at Kroo
We’re creating the world’s most social bank and improving people’s relationship with money for good. Our mission is to remove the stress and social awkwardness that money creates, allowing people to freely enjoy their lives in a connected and meaningful way. We’re building a bank that’s better for customers, their friends, and the planet.
Here at Kroo, doing what is right is in our DNA. We act with integrity, transparency and honesty. We think big, dream big, and relentlessly pursue our goals. We like to be bold, break new ground, and we never stop learning. But most importantly, we are on this journey together.
How You’ll Contribute
You’ll report into the Platform Engineer Lead and you will design, implement and operate the shared platform that runs our banking products and services.
Our platform is a combination of public cloud based infrastructure, third party services, shared in-house services and developer tools. For Kroo Bank to continue innovating at pace as the scale of our operations grow, we will continuously seek efficiencies through applying best practices and services available both externally and internally. You will lead a team with a core mission of championing this effort and promoting the use of our platform to the rest of the Technology department.
You will work on:
- Take ownership, maintain and evolve existing shared services
- Identify the need to create new common services by sourcing external solutions or implementing in-house
- Optimise the use of cloud infrastructure and evangelise best practises
- Define and operate our public cloud based networks to securely deliver our banking services
- Take ownership of the implementation of our InfoSec roadmap by operating and evolving our secure development tools and processes
- Oversee the implementation including hands-on involvement in both improving and operating our shared platform
- Ensure the quality of our infrastructure
- Look for ways to abstract and automate infrastructure dependencies to streamline product delivery
- Able to define and communicate technical architectures and processes to both business users and engineers
- Experience designing and building process automation and strong understanding of integrating with event-driven and RESTful architectures
- Good working knowledge of AWS cloud services and the practical application of cloud based infrastructure within a similar organisation
- Excellent understanding of cloud first software delivery including infrastructure as code, CI/CD, test driven development and testing automation, pair programming
- Knowledge of cloud Security Architecture of public clouds (such as AWS or GCP),
- Engineering background and ability to spot efficient and repeatable solutions to complex problems
- Experience in the deploying, tuning and automation of various security toolings (IAM, RBAC, SIEM, IaC scanning, IDS/IPS…)
- Any Network or security certifications are welcome (CSSP, AWS CSA, CSOA….)
About Our Process
We can be flexible with the structure of our interview process if someone's circumstances or timescales require it but our general structure is:
- CTO - 30 mins
- Tech Lead - 30 mins
- Head of Engineering - 30 mins
- CISO - 30 mins
- Exec/founder - 30 mins
Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or need assistance so we can be as accommodating as possible for you
What We Offer
We're constantly evaluating and adding benefits to best support our employee's wellbeing and to help them thrive in and outside of work. The following benefits are what we currently offer:
- 35 total days holiday (25 annual leave, 8 bank holidays, 1 Kroo bank holiday [June 24th], and 1 day off during the week of your birthday)
- 3 personal health days
- An employer-sponsored volunteer programme (up to 4 hours per month supported by our partner Matchable)
- Access to Spill, our mental health support partner
- A workplace pension, with 5% employee contribution and a 3% employer top off
- After 1 year of service, access to £500 from the Kroo Learning Fund for career-related L&D
- All equipment you need to work remotely effectively, with a MacBook Pro as standard
- Access to our modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London, includes a full gym.
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to our Electric Car scheme
- An enhanced parental leave policy
- Room to grow and excel within a fast-paced, high growth start-up
Currently, the majority of Kroo is working fully remotely. Working remotely has changed many of our lives for the better and we are behind continuing the benefits of flexibility once restrictions are lifted. At the same time, we have a beautiful office in Holborn, which, when used for the right things, can be a useful and powerful tool. Currently we see a blended model of working 1-2 days a week in the office, so candidates that are able to travel in occasionally are the best fit for our current working practices.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are firmly committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace in which all employees are valued, respected, safe, supported, and listened to without judgement or prejudice. These principles apply to all, regardless of race or ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, religion, appearance, political beliefs, educational background, class, and position or tenure within the company. Diversity, Equality and Inclusion are central to the direction we take at Kroo and are considered across all aspects of our business. Please let us know if you need reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process and we will be happy to assist.
To all recruitment agencies: Kroo Bank does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job adverts and Kroo Bank employees. Kroo Bank is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.