FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi-user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.This is an exciting time to join us as we've just completed our Series B fundraise and have an exciting journey ahead of us
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team, taking responsibility for developing innovative haptic features. You will work closely with the rest of the team to ensure we produce accurate, realistic and immersive content that really simulates what performing surgery is like. You will collaborate with the team to deliver the best way to simulate various actions performed across the whole spectrum of surgery, and be responsible for adding this work to our product. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
We are looking for candidates at different levels of experience, and we help with training and support on your career development plan according to your experienceWhat You Will Do
- Lead the development of new product features
- Leverage Unity functionality and combine with our platform to create Haptic and VR gameplay
- Research emerging technologies and innovate new ideas to further develop our software and patents
- Work closely with other engineers, designers and artists
- Participate in agile development and SCRUM
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years professional programming experience
- Excellent C# skills
- Excellent understanding of 3D Maths and Physics
- Evidence of work developed with Unity
Nice to have (but not essential):
- VR experience
- Experience with force feedback devices
- C++ experience
Who you are:
- You understand what it means to work in a startup, this excites and motivates you
- You like to do everything to a high standard but know when to be pragmatic
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- You do not hide problems, mistakes or failures, but rather learn and develop from them
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Private Healthcare
- Death in service insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity Leave
- Perks: Access to hundreds of vouchers and discounts
- 20 days of holidays per year + bank holidays + 3 days between Christmas and a new year + one extra day per year, up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Opportunity to participate in and become a key player in a fast-paced startup environment with lots of exciting growth opportunities
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
Fundamental VR operates a hybrid working model - with a need to come into the office circa 4 days a month
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal-opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa, unfortunately, we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.