Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
At Learn In, we believe that learning is a lifelong journey and our mission is to help more people close the skills gap. We partner with companies to establish talent academies that steer all the resources that employees need to keep building skills, find higher pay and higher purpose.
We are hiring a Backend Engineer to join the team. We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who thrives in a startup environment, is a team player, and is passionate about taking their engineering experience to the next level. This position can be based remotely. Learn In has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a 2022 Best Workplace, and a leader in the education industry. Come work with us!
A Day in the Life
- You will architect and develop integrations with various 3rd party services to enhance the capabilities of the Learn In platform
- Write your own services and leverage a commercial platform for undifferentiated aspects of integrations
- Use SOLID principles in creating maintainable and high quality code
- Collaborate with Product to ensure features/changes meet business requirements and fulfill the Learn In strategy
- Work closely with designers and other engineers to gain understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details
- You will learn, grow professionally, contribute to an amazing team, and play a key role in fueling a massive change in learning, talent building, and upskilling
Who You Are
- You are comfortable working with data including pushing it to APIs and consuming it from APIs
- You are experienced developing software using web frameworks and statically typed languages such as C#, C++, Java, Rust, Go, or Scala
- Experienced architecting RESTful APIs
- You are comfortable creating highly scalable systems and frameworks
- Possess effective communication and collaboration skills
- Solution driven with the ability to understand the big picture
- You are enthusiastic about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experienced working remotely
- Experience building integrations via Workato preferred
Compensation and Benefits at Degreed
Degreed is passionate about pay transparency and we are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The pay range for this role is $100,000 - $150,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits and wellness programs:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything!)
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
- Wellness programs focused on your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.