The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking to recruit two highly motivated and enthusiastic VOLUNTEERS acting as Knowledge Managers to join our Director-General’s Office (Administrative Support Section). The ideal candidate is driven and experienced, and looking to make a difference in international climate change governance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting collective learning and facilitating the sharing of knowledge within BCI and governmental stakeholders worldwide as appropriate. The knowledge manager is expected to foster an environment conducive to knowledge exchange and learning by promoting techniques for knowledge sharing that include skill directories, collaborative ways of working, etc.
- To develop and champions best practice in using, sharing, and exploiting new knowledge generated by BCI research programs;
- To coordinate and facilitate knowledge management improvements for the benefit of the organization;
- To develop the right networks and relationships to ensure knowledge management is integral to strategic-decision making process across the organization;
- To exploit opportunities for the organization to derive maximum benefit from its newly generated knowledge and expertise in climate technology policy and regulations;
- To lead by example through proactively contributing to all forums for knowledge, sharing own knowledge, and reinforcing the value of knowledge to the organization;
- To develop appropriate knowledge management policies and strategies that ensure continuity of access to corporate knowledge, throughout the technological and organizational change;
- To ensure any captured knowledge is managed in line with organizational Information Management standards, including lifecycle management;
- To develop innovative approaches for acquiring, maintaining, and managing knowledge, e.g. coordinating the production of project summaries, video capture, and case studies for partner governments, etc.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent English writing skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Proven ability to effectively multitask and prioritize work;
- Good knowledge of archive, file, and database management;
- Good communications skills and expert planning skills;
- Able to transform the ideas of management and implement appropriate solutions in the organization;
- Good analyzing skills and ability to tackle critical situations;
- Ability to maintain constructive work relationships with all division officers;
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive attitude is an indispensable skill required for this role.
General & Specialist Knowledge
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office package (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) is essential to perform in this role;
- Some knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance, and blockchain technology preferred but not essential.
Education & Training
- A bachelor's or master's degree in business management or related disciplines, or working knowledge in knowledge management.
- Understanding of knowledge or content management approaches, principles, and digital tools
- Ability to develop knowledge management strategy and objectives
- Experience in building constructive relationships with stakeholders; and
- Experience working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using your own initiative.
What difference will you make?
Blockchain and other emerging technologies. Climate change and sustainability. These are two hot topic groups that have been headlining media outlets, dominating conferences & events, and gaining increasing traction in research and pilot projects. BCI is here as an expert platform to help governments, inter-governmental and regional organizations as well as relevant corporates to negotiate the complex landscape of emerging technologies for environmental good. We cement our expertise by putting in the hard work in researching, identifying, and analyzing the applications of emerging technologies so that informed decisions can be made by the stakeholders in the climate change and action network.
One of the most important aspects of BCI’s mission is to support legislators and policymakers to create an enabling environment for the adoption of distributed ledger technologies. To that end, this opportunity will ensure BCI is financially sustainable before we make the developing-country communities sustainable.
Benefits you will get from volunteering with BCI are enormous and some include:
- You will hone or learn new skills including research, presentation, writing, professional etiquette,
- Your mind will be mentally stimulated, hence providing you with a sense of purpose;
- You will advance and boost your professional career by helping you to make professional connections and giving you real-world experience at the intersection between climate and emerging technologies; and
- Help you develop long-lasting professional relationships with others. People who come together to make the world a better place forge a close connection.
Before you apply
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete a short online exercise and virtual interviews.
Find other similar jobs