AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A SECURITY AGENT AT BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT
- Hourly Rate £10.83
- Hours of work : 2 days 2 nights 4 off rotating shift pattern, 12hr shifts
- Must have a 5 year checkable history
- Reference - 30283
- Mitie has a great opportunity for a Security Officer to join the Total Security Management Team; the Security Officer will be based at Birmingham Airport
- To control access into restricted areas of the Airport including: Checking security ID, physical searches: Body, bags and vehicles to a minimum of Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) standards of all persons and articles carried, requiring access through the Security Checkpoints.
- To carry out xray duties of all items entering the restricted area.
- To respond to emergency incidents following the agreed procedures.
- To carry out escort duties, including special events when required.
- To advise passengers, staff and crew on the correct presentation of persons and items carried, to ensure individuals are fully prepared for Security screening.
- To undertake foot patrols of operational areas and designated routes.
- To maintain a log of all incidents and provide written and verbal reports to the Security Managers and Security Supervision.
- To be compliant with Aviation Security local operating procedures, working practices and protocols.
- To undertake Mandatory Training as stipulated by the company, in compliance with CAA standards.
- To meet compliance and throughput targets as stipulated by the DfT, CAA and the Security Management Team.
- To participate in a culture of continual improvement by fully participating in the success of the business and own self development.
- To utilise equipment only as trained in how to do so.
- To achieve an acceptable level of competence which is continuously measured through relevant performance evaluation means.
- To consistently demonstrate the positive behaviours required to support the Company's Brand Values.
What we are looking for:
Can you pass a colour vision test?
Have been in the Uk for 3 years?
Are you smart in appearance?
Do you have good Verbal and written communication skills?
Do you have the ability to work on own initiative and also within a team?
Do you possess basic computer skills to operate certain equipment?
Are you capable of achieving and maintaining Level 1 DfT security standard?
Do you have ability to communication with people at all levels including outside agencies and authorities.?
If you can answer yes to all the above questions then apply now.
Benefits of working with mitie
Do you want Free Parking?
Would you benefit from the Cycle to work scheme?
Would you be interested in share incentive plans?
Would you like to Save as your earn?
Would you enjoy Employee discounts and 850 retailers