Qualifications: Must have SIA License, Excellent oral and written communication skills, Efficient interpersonal skills, Proficiency in IT, including MS Office.
- Access control for staff, visitors, and contractors; visible security presence on site
- Compliance with policies, legal, and safety regulations;
- Continuous self-improvement through training and technology use
- Immediate reporting of hazards or incidents and maintenance of professional behavior
Mitie Security – Security Officer
Mitie Security is looking for a security officer to take on the exciting responsibility of working with our partner, Qinetiq on their site. Ideal applicants will be hard working, motivated individuals, looking for a dynamic workplace that rewards their efforts. For those who want to deliver the exceptional every day and go the extra mile, this role is for you.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 12-hour shifts, 42 hours a week,
Pay rate: £11.00
- SIA Licensed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong IT Skills, with knowledge of the base MS Office Suite
- Be flexible and adaptable to a changing workplace
- Ability to obtain (with help) SC Clearance
- Must have own transport and be able to drive
As a security officer you will be responsible for the access and egress of staff, contractors and visitors. You will be responsible for showing a visible security presence on site by Patrolling and staffing the gate.
A full description of duties will be available at interview and full training will be given to the successful candidate.
There will be opportunities to work on other sites within this contract.
We are one Mitie; we promise a fantastic workplace and because we are built on integrity and trust we offer the following competitive benefits:
- Personal development opportunities – includes apprenticeships
- Full uniform is provided
- Cycle to work schemes
- Life Assurance
- Salary Finance – includes advice, loans, consolidation of loans and advances
- Share schemes – including Free Shares and SAYE
- Free Virtual GP
- Discounted Gym membership
- Employee & Partner discounts within High Street Retailers and Supermarkets
- Wellness programmes
- Sia licence renewals are managed from within the company (including the top up training) through to the point of receiving your renewed licence. This is fully funded by Mitie.
- To protect our customer's property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI's) and any subsequent changes.
- Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all aspects of policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements as directed by the Security Account Manager and in accordance with UK Law and Guidance bodies.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all of the tasks and duties on site as defined within the published Assignment Instructions (AI's).
- Proactively refer to and review the published Assignment Instructions, thus familiarising oneself with any changes in order to suggest additional amendments that will improve or enhance the current level of service.
- To be compliant with Industry and Statutory Legislation (you are required to obtain a front-line licence in either Security Guarding or Door Supervision), which must be worn at all times whilst carrying out your duties. The Customer also requires a CCTV PSS SIA Licence. There are also additional courses that are contractually required.
- Comply with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Follow instructions and procedures appropriately without unnecessarily challenging authority.
- Work in a systematic, methodology and orderly way.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all required competency training.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development as directed by the Security Account Manager.
- Use technology to achieve key work objectives and develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
- You are required to ensure you renew your licence 16 weeks before expiry.
Security and Health & Safety
- Look out for, and to immediately report, any Health & Safety hazards, or potential hazards, on site.
- Stay alert to any threats or changes within the work environment in order to take the appropriate action to reduce the chance of disruption, loss or damage.
- Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
- To maintain professional conduct in the face of difficult situations and challenging customers.
- Complete an accurate, detailed notebook entry as soon as possible after any incident, which can then be used as part of the Incident Report process.
- Keep to schedules and demonstrate commitment to Mitie and the Client.
- To ensure check calls are being carried out at the allocated time slot as stipulated in the Assignment Instructions (AI's).
- To call emergency services and Communication Centre to report all incidents.
What we are looking for
- Previous Security Experience
- SIA License
- SC Clearance desirable