- The Category Lead – Professional Services will be accountable for developing and leading the Professional Services Category of spend, reporting into the Head of Procurement – Indirects, covering spend areas including Marketing, Storage & Logistics, Office Services Insurance, Consultancy, and Advisory Services.
- Ownership of category strategy development, execution, and sourcing activity, ensuring supply chain solutions are fit for purpose, aligned to business needs, and represent lowest total cost, optimal service, and highest quality with relevant impactful supply base innovation.
- Implement new supplier management programs across all key areas of spend.
- Effective management, development and mentoring of any direct reports with particular focus on how we enable our people to deliver exceptional value, every day.
- To be seen as a trusted commercial partner working closely with key stakeholders.
- Sourcing, Negotiations & Contracting
- Lead all strategic procurement activities.
- Lead on complex high value sourcing activities and negotiations, identifying new and more competitive sources of supply.
- Negotiate and influence suppliers to achieve best market value.
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities within the business.
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve issues with performance and regularly review, suggest, and develop improvements.
- Development of category strategies aligned to the business need.
- Stakeholder Management
- Manage and support a wide range of internal stakeholders through to board level.
- Accountable for the development and delivery of annual targets and goals across cost, quality, reliability, and delivery.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and internal stakeholders.
- Managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, from aligning with internal colleagues to gather, assess and challenge business requirements to appropriately challenging external stakeholders whilst maintaining relationships.
- Supplier Management
- Develop and implement a new Supplier Management Program covering all strategic and preferred suppliers, reviewing current processes and procedures, and identifying areas for improvement.
- Measure supplier performance to identify areas for improvement.
What we are looking for
- Proven leader and subject matter expert within the Professional Services category, showing evidence of considerable self-development, with at least 5 years procurement experience.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and analytical skills (written and oral), customer facing skills, excellent organizational skills, time management skills.
- Accountable and dedicated, with a proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving and fast paced environment.
- Clear track record of stakeholder management with a clear focus on strategy implementation and risk mitigation.
- Change management experience.
- Capable of conflict management and resolution.
- Experience managing a small team (desirable).
- CIPS qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
Remote location allowed
To apply to this offer, be sure you can work from :
Level of experience :Senior (5-10 years)
Check out the description to know which languages are mandatory.