We’re looking for a Design Manager to join our Ministry of Justice Team based in Basingstoke. Within this role working among a great team, reporting to the Pre-Construction Manager, working on our diverse portfolio of projects shortly coming online.
Location: Basingstoke – this role will involve travel supporting onsite deliveries
Contract: Permanent, Full Time – flexible and part-time hours available if desired, just let us know
As a Design Manager, you’ll be working within the Ministry of Justice Team, supporting them in various areas.
Your day to day will include:
- Managing and coordinating the design process during the pre-construction stage of multiple projects, which may be design and build or traditional with CDP packages
- Lead internal and external design resource to ensure that design information is produced correctly and in a timely manner
- Ensure that risks are identified, managed, and appropriately apportioned or mitigated
- Ensuring all design by subcontractors and subconsultants is completed punctually and in a co-ordinated manner whilst also managing relationships with the client and professional team.
What are we looking for?
This role of Design Manager is great for you if you:
- Previous design management experience on projects up to £5m
- Commercial and contractual understanding in relation to design matters
- Ability to maintain relationships with clients, customers and suppliers
- Well organised and good time management skills
- Minimum of HNC/HND in a construction or design subject and / or
- Membership of a relevant body (CIOB, CIAT, RIBA, CABE)
We’re all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferable skills are always welcome! So even if you don’t tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat. We want to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences, and we especially encourage those from underrepresented communities to get in touch with us.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please get in touch at InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk to discuss and arrange these.
We’re proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
- New and enhanced family friendly policies, including eight weeks paternity leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, menopause guidance, and more
- Pension – you will be able to join Kier Retirement Savings Plan (KRSP)
- Kier rewards – you will have access to discounted shopping including resturants, insurance companies, and supermarkets
- Employee referral scheme – refer a friend or family member to work for Kier
And so much more! You can read the full details of all of our benefits on our website.
Who is Kier?
As a leading UK infrastructure services, construction and property group, our purpose is to sustainably deliver construction and infrastructure services which are vital to the UK
Our projects are those that support the local communities we work in, helping them thrive and progress. We take pride in bringing specialist knowledge, sector leading experience and fresh thinking to all that we do.
We are collaborative, trusted and focused, and we will empower you to achieve your career goals, and listen to your thoughts, ideas and challenges.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies and initiatives. You can see more about our D&I action plan here.
Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to complete a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check (applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case-by-case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant’s criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us). Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Closing Date: 21st April 2023
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early
Find other similar jobs