Qualifications: Hold a Full UK Driving Licence, Possess a CSCS Card and EUSR Water Hygiene Training..
- Coordinate excavation works and laying on the electricity network stages
- Organize materials, safety audits, plant management, and reinstatement processes.
We’re looking for a Utilities Operative to join our Utilities (Water & Energy), National Grid Electricity Distribution (NGED) where team no two days are the same. Within this role, you will be responsible for co-ordinating and ensuring that all work is carried out safely and to programme which will contribute to NGED's aim to provide power to the local area.
Location: Based around Mendips and surrounding areas
Contract: Permanent – Full time
Salary: Weekly paid, hourly rate £10phh to £14ph, dependant experience
As a Utilities Operative for the National Grid Electricity Distribution (NGED) team you will be responsible for all stages of excavation works on site and aspects of digging & lay on the electricity network.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Responsible for ordering and managing materials
- Plan, manage and coordinate safety audits
- Manage and inspect plant
- Coordinate reinstatement processes
- Strong focus on Health & Safety whilst completing the work on time and to the required specification.
What are we looking for?
This role of Utilities Operative is great for you if:
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Have a CSCS Card and EUSR Water Hygiene Trained (can obtained in the role)
We’re all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferable skills are always welcome! We want to hear from candidates from all backgrounds and experiences, and we especially encourage those from underrepresented communities to get in touch with us.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please get in touch at InclusiveRecruitment@kier.co.uk to discuss and arrange these.
We’re proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
- new and enhanced family friendly policies, including eight weeks paternity, leave, 26 weeks maternity leave, pregnancy loss leave, surrogacy leave, menopause guidance, and more
- A competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- Kier’s Green Car Scheme
- A huge range of deals and discounts at many of your favourite brands
And so much more! You can read the full details of all of our benefits on our website: www.kier.co.uk/careers/rewards-benefits
Who is Kier?
As a leading UK infrastructure services, construction and property group, our purpose is to sustainably deliver construction and infrastructure services which are vital to the UK.
Our projects are those that support the local communities we work in, helping them thrive and progress. We take pride in bringing specialist knowledge, sector leading experience and fresh thinking to all that we do.
We are collaborative, trusted and focused, and we will empower you to achieve your career goals, and listen to your thoughts, ideas and challenges.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies and initiatives. You can see more about our D&I action plan here.
Closing Date: 18 April 2023
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
- Strong focus on Health & Safety and adhere to specified timelines
- Welcoming candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences; promoting inclusion with supportive benefits offered.