Control Room Assistant (CCTV)
Qualifications: Experience in operating CCTV cameras and Skidata Car Park system, Ability to follow security procedures and regulations.
- Monitoring and operating all site systems, including CCTV cameras, and reporting activities to the Duty Controller
- Controlling radio traffic effectively to ensure optimal functionality
Since 1987, Mitie's 68,000 employees, have been serving companies and communities across the world. We're the UK's leading facilities management company. Our clients range from banks to retailers, hospitals to schools, and critical government sites. We make a positive difference to millions of people, every day, and we're very proud of this. Join us and together there's no limit to what we can achieve.
The Control Room within The Oracle is the main communication centre for the scheme. As the nerve centre, the Control Room monitors major systems that ensure the operational effectiveness of The Oracle, on a day-to-day basis. It is also responsible for the safety of customers, retailers and staff via monitoring of the CCTV system.
As a Control Room Assistant you will monitor and operate all site systems including CCTV cameras and the Skidata Car Park system to ensure that all procedures are adhered to and that all systems work to support the scheme 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which in turn provides additional safety and security for all of our customers. Duties include: -
- Ability to operate all systems within the Control Room.
- Overall management of the CCTV cameras to operate in accordance with data protection requirements.
- Recording and updating the Duty Controller of daily activities to collate data for daily reports.
- Following and implementing all security aspects and procedures within the Control Room.
- Control of radio traffic to ensure effective use of the system.
Along with excellent communication skills you will have the ability to work well under pressure, with a methodical and logical approach to work to ensure attention to detail. This is an exciting opportunity and full training will be provided to support all functions within the Control Room.
This position is subject to British Standards 7858 vetting (SIA requirements) which requires all applicants to provide a 5-year checkable history and have the right to work in the UK.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail