Qualifications: Hold City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent engineering qualification, Possess Authorised Person electrical qualifications.
- Diagnose and repair electrical issues with generators
- Generate maintenance records, test certificates, and reports
- Operate computerized generator control systems for maintenance checks
- Perform routine maintenance of diesel generators including load testing
- JOB PURPOSE: You will work as a member of a Team of Electricians and Mechanical Fitters to provide electrical planned preventative maintenance and repair services for standby/prime generators ranging from 20kW to 2000 kW on the Military Establishments/sites on the Falkland Islands including as required working on the remote mountain top sites.
1. Diagnose and Repair Electrical and control issues with Generators.
2. Overhaul, repair, test and install all electrical equipment associated with diesel generators including re-wires and control panel installations.
3. Make adjustments to speed controls, voltage regulators and other settings related to the operation of a generator.
4. Set up and conduct load bank testing of Diesel generators.
5. Produce accurate mandatory and statutory maintenance records, test certificates and where applicable, assist in producing reports associated with relevant equipment.
6. Operating and monitoring of computerised generator control systems to ensure they are functioning correctly.
7. Perform routine maintenance checks, filter changes and standard services of diesel generators.
8. As required carry out none electrical maintenance tasks at the Remote Site locations.
9. Work towards Authorised Person (AP HV/LV) training by becoming a skilled person
10. Carry out any other duties as directed by your line manager, or senior management team
11. Operate and maintain site services carrying out pre planned maintenance at Remote Site locations.
12. Examine documentation and drawings relevant to maintenance, repair and installation activity.
What we are looking for
Educated to GCSE or equivalent in English or Maths.
Must hold City & Guilds/NVQ in engineering or equivalent qualifications.
Holds or has held Authorised Person electrical qualifications.
ATEX/DESEAR/COMPEX trained and qualified. · Hold or working towards an 18th Edition City & Guilds IEE Wiring Regulations qualifications.
Hold City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Testing.
Experience in an Electrical & Mechanical engineering disciplines.
Experience with recognised H&S Procedures. · 3+ years of experience of working Diesel Generators.
Experienced in all aspects of electrical installation and maintenance including: 230v to 400v AC systems and 12v to 110v DC protection and control system.
Previous experience of working in the Falkland Islands or working abroad in a MoD environment.
Previous experience of working in a Power Generation and Distribution environment.
Full clean valid car driving license for the Falkland Islands/UK/EU. ·
Capable of working to and understanding drawings i.e. Installation, circuit diagrams and line schematics.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions and accurately relay instructions.
Must be capable of obtaining MoD basic security clearance.
Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
Flexible/Dependable · Honest
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently or in team settings
- Effective communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrate flexibility, honesty, and capability of obtaining security clearance