Chef - Heathrow IRC
Qualifications: City Guilds 7061 or NVQ equivalent, Level 2 Food Hygiene certification, Previous supervisory experience in a busy catering environment, Flexibility to work any day of the week.
- Ensure smooth running and compliance of kitchen and server areas with relevant standards
- Coordinate daily operations, prepare food cost-effectively, and oversee staff performance
- Maintain a safe, hygienic environment in the kitchen and servery areas
- Monitor equipment, supplies, cleanliness, and job performance to meet set standards
Chef - Heathrow IRC
£27,430 per annum
40 hours per week
Meals on duty
Free use of the gym
Retail discount vouchers
- Maintain the smooth running of the kitchen and server area at all times ensuring the service provided is in line with legislation and relevant standards
- Provide day to day advice, coaching and support to staff in order to maximise the efficient and effective provision of catering services
- Coordinate the daily operation of the kitchens and food servery areas, allocating tasks and ensuring catering requirements are met and resources are used cost effectively.
- Oversee and undertake the preparation of food cost effectively ensuring special dietary requirements are met and food for residents and staff meets the highest possible standards
- Coach and support staff and residents to maximise their performance and ensure company policies and procedures, legislation and best practice standards are met.
- Monitor staff and residents daily performance and assist in searching residents as necessary, to ensure relevant standards are met at all times including security and Health and Safety.
- Monitor and account for all equipment, materials and items at all times so that security is maintained.
- Maintain accurate and current information completing all documentation and labelling to meet all relevant standards and requirements.
- Manage the cleanliness of the kitchen and servery areas and ensure that all equipment is maintained so that a safe and hygienic environment is maintained at all times.
- Deal with routine queries ensuring resolution or prompt escalation to ensure the safety, security and welfare of all staff and residents.
- Receive supplies ensuring that they are appropriately and securely accepted and stored.
- To identify and escalate as appropriate any incidents which may either impact on the smooth running of the centre, or the safety, security or welfare of residents or staff and contractors.
- City & Guilds 7061 or NVQ equivalent, Level 2 Food Hygeine and previous supervisory experience within a busy catering environment would be an advantage
- Must be willing and able to work flexibly: on a schedule that could cover any day of the week (Monday-Sunday)