Mitie is a UK-based facilities management and technical services company (revenue c.£3.4bn). We are one of the UK's 250 largest public companies.
Mitie /Communities is one of the four major business divisions within Mitie, alongside Technical Services, Business Services and Central Government & Defence. At Mitie Communities we serve public sector clients in Healthcare, Education (schools and universities), local authorities and councils and emergency services. We provide our clients with both soft and hard facilities management services. Our contracts include both commercial output-specified contracts and Private Finance Initiative contracts.
The role is national and therefore employee location is flexible.
The Communities Projects central function is developing into a class leading central function that will supply and support exemplar performance for the end-2-end construction and maintenance projects process across the Communities portfolio of contracts.
The role of Head of Projects Support is an important Projects Central Function role that has two main areas of focus:
- Managing, developing and supporting the roll-out the One Mitie projects systems, tools and processes to each FM contract team and central projects team resources in order to enable them to manage and deliver excellently through use the use of high-quality standard processes, systems and software.
- To work with and support as part of the projects function senior management team in key aspects of reporting and the on-going development of the projects function.
The role is for national coverage of contracts and will report direct to the Director of Projects and as such will be one of direct involvement and support into the projects senior leadership team as well as being part of the Mitie Projects Centre of Excellence of which they will coordinate in the ongoing development and roll-out of projects systems and tools.
The successful candidate will be part of steering and managing the Projects central function including supporting the reporting, management and wider integration of the Projects function within both the Communities BU and the wider Mitie Group. This will at times include representing the function for activities outside of just the Communities Business Unit.
- Work with the Director of Projects and project team colleagues on defined project team development programmes to support the roll-out of new project processes and systems.
- Facilitating the appointment of any suppliers to the senior projects function including raising of Purchase Orders.
- Deliver effective communications with all stakeholders (internal & external).
- Generate and manage reports on Projects and team performance against agreed KPI's.
- Generate and manage regular reporting on projects pipeline, opportunities, risks and opportunities in conjunction with the projects team Director of Projects.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships between the PCOE, the sector central project team, other Mitie stakeholders, and individual contract project teams, their clients and supply chain.
- Awareness of sector specific policies and requirements to enable any customisation of the “Mitie Way of Delivering Projects” to align with contractual requirements.
- Able to promote and champion the project tools, why Mitie is undertaking this journey and the “what's in it for me, why do it” for the different audiences.
- Working with the PCOE, Sector SME for planning and deployment for the implementation of the project tools to the required programme set by the Projects Director.
- Throughout the implementation planning and deployment, liaising with the contract Project Team to establish working groups, stakeholders, schedule training, meetings, etc.
- Managing contract templates within the sector including any bespoke contractual requirements.
- Set up of initial accounts for the Asite CDE and assistance to create initial project workspaces.
- Deliver training and awareness sessions for the project tools deployment including the Asite CDE to the contract project teams and other audiences within commercial, QSHE, assurance, procurement, management to reinforce the online training.
- Where not delivered by Asite, deliver training and awareness sessions on Asite administration for the contract SuperUsers, reinforcing the importance of being the Asite champion and managing change within the contract.
- Deployment of subsequent Asite modules including eTendering and client collaboration.
- Working with the SuperUser to deliver training sessions where required to the client and supply chain.
- Engagement with contracts post deployment and BAU – 2nd Tier support and continuous improvement.
- Holding regular Sector Asite SuperUser forums to pull together user community, feedback lessons learnt, hints and tips, and suggestions for improvement to and from the PCOE.
- Auditing the CDE project files.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- An awareness and experience of construction project planning, forecasting, delivery planning and reporting in a complex, commercial organisation
- An excellent understanding of the importance of effective processes, process development, training and support.
- Experience of the FM sector
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and under their own steam
- Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Ability to work openly and collaboratively at all levels to maximise overall performance
- Strong commercial and process acumen
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Task focussed as well as people centred