Qualifications: 4‐year degree in Business Management, Human Resources Management, or related field, 5 years of work experience in onboarding or employee experience.
- Develop and implement onboarding strategy for new hires based on demographics and needs
- Manage project timelines, budgets, and integration team effectively
Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for an Onboarding & Integration Manager. This position may be filled remotely or in any of our office locations.
A key role within the Talent department, the Onboarding & Integration Manager manages the strategy for onboarding and integrating all new hires into the firm’s culture, processes, and teams. The strategy will combine new hire needs with long-term success, with a focus on developing benchmark metrics and goals in alignment with the firm’s Strategic Plan and objectives. Essential functions include:
- Design and manage a strategic approach to orientation of new hires, customized based on needs and demographics of incoming new hire.
- Identify innovative ways to onboard new hires, including use of technology and other platforms.
- Design and implement robust integration plan for all new hires, including expectations and programs at specific intervals of employment, customized for various attorney and business professional groups.
- Partners with administrative leaders to determine the appropriate onboarding and integration sessions or internal meetings for optimal onboarding and integration experience.
- Partners with Firm leadership to discuss onboarding and integration planning for incoming attorneys.
- Apply sophisticated analysis of onboarding and integration efforts to create metrics and determine ROI, leading to recommended action plans.
- Lead internal communication welcoming new hires across the firm.
- Partner with Human Resources and Legal Recruiting to lead communication with incoming new hires.
- Collaborates with the Professional Development team to design and implement mentor program for all incoming attorneys and business professionals, including development of mentor identification and training, mentee matching, and program best practices.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Prepare and adhere to program budgets.
- Manage integration team, including hiring, training, development, and oversight of the essential job functions.
- The physical activity of this position:
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The physical requirements of this position:
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce quality final work product.
- Ability to exercise good judgment at all times by making sound and practical decisions; ability to assume responsibility for decisions and act decisively under deadlines.
- High level of professional integrity required; ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
- Ability to lead and motivate the work of others; when applicable, ability to successfully manage direct report(s), including performance evaluation, goal-setting, employee development and problem-solving.
- 4‐year degree with major coursework in Business Management, Human Resources Management, or related field; or combination of education and commensurate work experience required
- 5 years’ work experience with a focus on onboarding, integration, or employee experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- 5 years’ management experience in related field required.
- Thorough knowledge of onboarding, integration and experience trends and best practices.
- Project management, report writing, and/or event planning experience preferred
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of all MS Office products strongly preferred
- Ability to become proficient in the Firm’s Document Management System.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and ability to establish credibility, build trust, and develop positive working relationships with team members, firm leadership, lawyers, and other professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, and composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic and complex environment, meeting deadlines and successfully managing the daily workload.
- Exceptional judgment, flexibility, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a change agent and effectively drive new initiatives in partnership with other firm departments
- Ability to work after hours, as needed.
- Ability to travel to other offices and events, as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with skill and experience. The full time base annual salary for this position in the Denver, CO market is expected to range between $75,000- $100,000, in Los Angeles the market is expected to range between $93,000 - $135,000, and in Oakland the market is expected to range between $95,000 - $$138,000. Salaries in other markets will vary depending on market data. Bonus opportunities are non-guaranteed, and are dependent upon individual and firm performance. Full time employees receive benefits including: medical and dental coverage; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; pre-tax flexible spending account for certain medical and dependent care expenses; an employee assistance program; Paid Time Off; paid holidays; participation in a retirement plan program after meeting eligibility requirements; and more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.
- 5 year(s): Management experience in a professional services environment.
- 5 year(s): Relevant experience focusing on integration or employee experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Bachelors or better
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish positive relationships with team members and firm leadership
- Maintain confidentiality, exercise good judgment, act decisively, and lead and motivate others