Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
We’re looking for an amazing HR Business Intelligence Analyst to fill this role, which is based in our Seattle office. You’ll be responsible for providing data analytics and reporting for Human Resources. You will work with a cross-functional team in and outside of HR. You will partner with key stakeholders to create reports and dashboards, executed through analyses that will help to drive insights for the organization. You will help to develop HR KPIs for the various business units in the organization within and without HR.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its HR Business Intelligence Analyst role. Is this you?
- Develop HR Analytics Dashboard/Reporting
- Work with HR leadership to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Create, maintain, and update Executive Reports and HR Compliance Reports
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Mine and analyze data from company databases using Oracle OTBI, Ceridian Dayforce, and ADP EV5 legacy data to drive optimization and business strategies
- Utilize tools such as Excel, Power BI, SQL, OTBI Publisher/Analysis
- Prepares and presents analyses to Management on HR related trends
- Creates combined data sets from multiple sources using modern data architecture methods for best practice data modeling, reporting and analytics
- Creates Reporting SLAs and communicates expectations to the business in a professional manner delivering timely results
- Embrace collaboration and develop creative solutions via minimum viable products that validate and improve the effectiveness of these solutions
- Deliver ad-hoc reporting requests
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze reporting performance and data accuracy
- Ensure data integrity and solution compliance with PII, SOX and other laws and regulations
- Contribute to Strategic Insights
- Works closely with HR management to understand desired metrics and create a strategic plan for predictive analytics and the types of metrics that have value to the organization.
- Works closely with HR management to create audit and compliance reports against the business rules for data in systems and develops controls and alerts for various teams to know if rules have not been adhered to.
- Work closely with Data Architects and Developers in the planning, development, and testing of a Snowflake HR Data Warehouse for the purpose of data integrity for reporting.
- Delivers customer service that aligns with HA Group brand’s Core Values, ensure positive outcomes by listening carefully to customer’s and coworker’s needs
- Works collaboratively in team environments to complete assignments by specified deadlines
- Exhibits integrity, fairness, and professionalism in everyday conduct
- Earns trust by following through on commitments and accepting accountability for actions
- Contributes to a positive work environment
- Other duties as assigned by Director
- Assist HRIS team members as requested
- MA In Operations Management, Computer Applications, Management Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Data Science, Business Analytics or related fields
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a related position in a business environment
- Must have strong skills in writing SQL queries and understanding SQL code
- Knowledge of Linear Programs and optimization
- Experience as BI Analyst building dashboards and reports in Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, OTBI and other reporting tools as needed. Oracle HCM OTBI and Power BI experience preferred
- Experience with Data Architect building tables, views, columns, and data warehouse elements
- Experience with ETL processes
- Strong MS Excel skills, specifically with Visual Basic macros
- Experience in data mining
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical business experience preferred
- Ability to create Executive presentations
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
Please note that this position can be 100% fully remote, US only
What You Can Expect
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
- Rewards & Incentives
- Base Salary Range: $68,900.00 to $93,000.00. The range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
Our Culture… Stronger Together
Our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com