Hours Per Week: 40
Salary: £32,000 PA
- To work as a member of the Mitie Fire & Security Systems Operations Field service team, working closely with the Regional Service Manager and Service Desk to ensure best use of the field Engineering resource.
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of PPM, Reactive calls and additional Small Works assigned to them.
- To ensure compliance with all Legal and Regulatory requirements.
- To support the business Service strategy and to deliver the required customer service and financial performance.
- Carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of, Fire Extinguishers and associated equipment and products to relevant legislative and Company's qualitative standards.
- Where required will plan and organise own work programme to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and organised way.
- Complete all appropriate documentation and records, in a timely fashion to the required standards.
- Support the rota schedule as required, to maintain a reliable and responsive out of hour's service for customers.
- From time to time may be required to work outside of normal geographic Business Unit area to provide sickness, holiday and workload cover.
- Will actively attend and participate in any company initiated training and maintain an up to date knowledge of technical aspects of role.
- Shares technical and problem solving ability skills and knowledge with colleagues in the team.
- Complete and fully comply with the necessary Health & Safety training.
- Comply with all company procedures associated with Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental aspects of the role.
- Fully understand and comply with any site specific H & S requirements and/or training relevant to a site being worked on.
- Apply H & S legislation as it applies to own work, i.e. the need to personally assess risks prior to undertaking tasks and how to act based on that assessment.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment provided by the company as required and to take care of and request replacement equipment as needed.
- To take care of and carry out regular checks of any company allocated vehicle as defined in the Company Fleet Policy.
- Ensure adherence to all Company Policies and Procedures.
- To be fully conversant and compliant with all Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
- To fully comply with all Quality, Environmental Health and Safety directives including but not limited to PPE, Accident Reporting, RAMS.
What we are looking for
- Proven experience in a similar role carrying out PPM, reactive calls and Small Works in the Fire & Security Systems industry.
- Service test and inspection experience to the relevant standards/codes of practice.
- Sound understanding of fault-finding techniques.
- High level of numeracy.
- High level of literacy
- Assertiveness – ability to ensure that others meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Accuracy of work undertaken.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Ability to accept responsibility for timely completion of workload
- Use of PDA in everyday working.
- Microsoft Word - Basic.
- Microsoft Excel - Basic.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times.
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system.
Working within the Mitie values and behaviour
People - Mitie is a people business. It's our people, and their drive to do their jobs to the best of their ability that makes us different.
Trustworthy - We do what we say we will
How we behave…
- We treat all colleagues with respect.
- We challenge people when they don't do the right thing.
- We welcome advice from anyone that might improve what we do.
- We are open and honest.
- We think safety and always follow rules for safe working.