Principal Cloud Architect - contract to hire, remote *** NO C2C!
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of relevant experience or 12 years of relevant experience without a degree, Minimum of 5 years as a cloud thought leader in providers like AWS, minimum 5 years in cloud migration, native architectures, and Continuous Development and Deployment, at least 7 years of direct infrastructure, system, application and cloud architecture experience.
- Lead cloud architecture design, maintenance, communication, and governance
- Develop architectural documentation, lead migration efforts, participate in IT Architecture reviews, drive improvements to cloud architecture processes
- Provide technical expertise, support mentoring staff, monitor architecture trends
Duration: 6 Months Contract to Hire
Location: REMOTE BUT Must be within the 27 approved fte states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
Required Pay Scale: 75-80/hr w2
***Due to client requirements this role is only open to USC or GC candidates***
Lead the design, maintenance, enhancement, communication, and governance for Cloud architectures. Responsible for developing and reviewing key cloud architecture deliverables, technical roadmaps, preliminary and high-level architecture models for cloud solutions. Develop and review architecture deliverables. Manage adherence to architecture standards. Provide cloud architecture leadership and expose and communicate enterprise opportunities across multiple corporate initiatives. Provide leadership to the broader architecture community and to vendors. Communicate at all levels of the organization and be a trusted advisor for the senior leadership levels of the company.
A Principal Cloud Architect is expected to perform the following duties:
- Serve as the lead architect on cloud initiatives. This involves planning developing, maintaining, and reviewing cloud architecture throughout the project.
- Collaborate with project teams (business stakeholders, peer architecture disciplines, development/delivery teams, vendors, test/QA).
- Lead the cloud migration efforts
- Develop and maintain Cloud Architecture models, specifications, and other documentation (key written project deliverable) and/or oversee and approve such architecture documentation.
- Lead Proofs Of Concepts (POCs) leading to deployment of applications and infrastructures in the cloud.
- Depending on the specific role, design infrastructure solutions involving cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure solution deliveries are accurately and thoroughly reviewed as per applicable standards.
- Participate in and/or lead cross-functional IT Architecture groups that review designs from an enterprise perspective.
- Drive adherence to existing and evolving security requirements to ensure a robust and secure cloud environment.
- Drive adherence to application and technology standards and patterns, application portfolio strategy, and service level agreements.
- Partner with other project leaderships to identify and mitigate technical risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies related to cloud architecture
- Influence and drive improvements to cloud architecture processes, strategies, and standards.
- Support pre-project efforts in terms of working with the user, IT delivery, and vendor teams, crafting conceptual solutions, and assisting with delivery time estimates.
- Provide technical expertise/coaching for others.
- Monitor architecture related to other areas of IT, business communities, and vendors to ensure the relevance of architecture to meet business needs.
- Provide cloud architectural leadership that supports insightful decision making, drives efficiencies in the development process, and maximizes the quality of technical deliverables.
- Create or review IT plans that manage clear and realistic expectations of what technology can offer in terms of products, services, and delivery mechanisms.
- Establish, maintain, and review enterprise models of the cloud architecture to enable applications development and decision-supporting activities, consistent with IT plans.
- Provide technical expertise/coaching for others. Support and mentor less experienced staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of progressive experience in a combination of development, design in areas of cloud computing
- Must have served for at least 5 years as a thought leader in cloud practice in Cloud Service Providers like AWS (preferred) and/or other cloud providers
- Must have 5 years of experience in leading migration to the cloud, cloud practice, and cloud native architectures in AWS (preferred) and/or other cloud providers
- Must have a solid understanding of Continuous Development and Deployment in AWS (preferred) and/or other cloud providers
- Must have at least 7 years of direct infrastructure, system, application and cloud architecture experience driving comprehensive end-to-end solutions involving AWS (preferred) and/or other cloud providers
- Must have certifications in popular cloud providers like AWS
- Must be proficient in designing and maintaining cloud-based infrastructures in AWS to deliver the required performance, security, and availability requirements
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in AWS Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Must haven solid hands-on experience in technologies like EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch
- Must have certifications in popular cloud providers like AWS
- Experience in multiple architecture disciplines is preferred.
- Some experience formally leading technical teams is preferred.
- Prefer candidates with knowledge and understanding of: -Regulatory and legislative impact on health plans, specifically security requirements driven by HIPAA; Health insurance and plan administration.
- Experience in middleware technologies like Kafka, JBOSS and WebSphere
- Experience and knowledge of cloud native architectures such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, and DevSecOps.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills, including team leadership and work organization/coordination.
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills; and the ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and opportunities.
- Experience working closely with the business, IT personnel and other architectural areas to provide research and development around application trends, integration patterns, vendor direction and development methodologies.
- Understand business behavior patterns and patterns of information and technology and how they work together to enable the business to achieve their strategic and tactical goals.
- Prefer a certification in at least one facet of IT architecture
Experience Matters. Let your experience be driven by our experience. For more than 40 years, Matlen Silver has delivered solutions for complex talent and technology needs to Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. Led by hard work, honesty, and a trusted team of experts, we can say that Matlen Silver technology has created a solutions experience and legacy of success that is the difference in the way the world works.
Matlen Silver is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application or at any point in the hiring process, please contact us at email and/or phone at: email@example.com // 908-393-8600
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills, knowledge in health plan regulations and middleware technologies
- Excellent influencing and consultative skills, ability to identify and resolve issues proactively
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders, IT personnel, and various architectural areas