They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing team in the Enterprise Systems organization. The incumbent engineer will build new and maintain existing capabilities in our public and private, on-premises, platforms. The responsibilities are to deliver cutting-edge end-to-end solutions in the form of cloud-native microservices architecture across the full suite of applications for both employees' and students' audiences. They will collaborate with their team members and peers to design and develop a multi-year program that transforms applications to be highly reliable, elastically scalable, and resilient running on Azure.
- Own the outcome. Execute as one collectively with the rest of the IT team members.
- Engage in application design and ensure the proposed architectures and designs follow industry standard methodologies and are efficient.
- Partner with business analysts to consume and translate business intents and requirements into the scope of work, specifications, and required deliverables.
- Participate in all stages of the development life cycle.
- Contribute to peer review to assure product correctness.
- Demonstrate mastery of source control practices.
- Document all work in writing and visual representation.
- Plan tasks and provides task estimates for review.
- Maintain and exhibit technical currency and proficiency, particularly with Microsoft technology, including the Azure platform.
- Engage in modern agile (most likely based on the scaled agile framework) and DevSecOps practices (on the Microsoft DevOps platform).
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering, computer science, or a similar discipline from an accredited institution.
- Experienced building cloud-native apps
- Minimum of 7 or more years of hands-on real industry experience in software development in various roles on a variety of projects.
- Hands-on experience in designing, coding, and deploying enterprise-based products and systems to the market.
- Experience with transitions or designed migrations of on-prem solutions to the Cloud.
- Minimum of 4 or more years of experience in C\C++\C#.
- Experience developing green field projects based on C# and .NET framework, Azure technologies including AKS, Azure Service Bus, Kubernetes, SQL, Cosmos, and Azure Data Factory.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio Team Services, Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server.
- Comfortable working in a defined Agile Scrum process.
- Proven ability to work closely with other software engineers as a member of the team.
- Able to professionally communicate in verbal and written English.
- Master's degree, preferably in software engineering, computer science, or a similar technical discipline from an accredited institution.
- Experience with higher education technology, data, student information, learning, and systems like Anthology, Brightspace D2L, etc.
Remote location allowed
To apply to this offer, be sure you can work from :
Level of experience :Senior (5-10 years)
Check out the description to know which languages are mandatory.