About the role,
the Head of engineering has both a strategic and a technical role inside the company. The strategic aspect includes setting goals for the team, hiring engineers, and prioritizing projects. The technical aspect is about getting actively involved in developing new products, identifying requirements, and setting timelines.
Before they can get this position, the head of engineering should have extensive experience as an engineer, they should have managed complex tech projects and know how to build products and features from scratch.
About the team,
Our technology/engineering is a group of 100+ talented people. Together with the Product teams, the gist of our role is to create innovative and scalable solutions to help Amartha grow its business.
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Experience in develop data intensive applications is a must
- Experience in SaaS development
- Experience in open API development
- Solid enterprise integration architecture knowledge
- Experience in leading 5-10 people squad
- Solid engineer hiring experience
- Hands-on GCP tech experience: Cloud SQL Postgres, Cloud Run, Pub/sub, etc.
- You have built a scalable architecture
- Experience with incident management
- Monitoring distributed system
- Agile practices: scrum or kanban
- Don't mind doing some coding works when required
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with automated testing
- Hiring software engineers
- Experience with team management
- Fintech/financial institution/banking experience
- Experience with Machine Learning will be a plus.
Find other similar jobs