Senior Security Engineer
Qualifications: 5+ years of experience as a Security Engineer or similar role, Extensive knowledge of Linux, AWS, HashiCorp Stack.
- Design and implement security solutions for network engine and online services
- Identify vulnerabilities, prioritize fixes, perform risk mitigation
- Develop security standards and policies throughout the organization
coherence is a tech startup in the games industry, working on leveling the playing field for multiplayer games. We are making a network engine and platform that allows any developer to easily create anything from a simple multiplayer game to a large, cloud-based virtual world. Read more about coherence here.
We are looking for a passionate and detail-oriented Security Engineer to join coherence.
Become part of our engineering team and help us democratize multiplayer game development. As a security engineer, you will drive continuous improvement in security and security assessment for our network engine, tools, and online and cloud services. You will conduct architecture and implementation reviews to identify vulnerabilities and architectural flaws and design and implement solutions and continuously improve our infrastructure security.
In this role, you will be defining security standards and best practices and help implement them throughout the organization. While extending and improving the security aspects of our product offering, you will enable our customers to run their games safely and effectively using our engine, tools and services.
We are looking for an experienced security engineer with a demonstrable history of deploying complex SaaS software to customers with complex security requirements. Our ideal candidate values creativity, collaboration, attention to detail and a commitment to quality and reliability.
- Design and implement comprehensive solutions to critical areas of our tech stack and online services to maximize security and reduce risk.
- Perform architecture and implementation reviews of our network engine, tools and online services.
- Identify, prioritize and fix vulnerabilities within our services and tech stack.
- Use threat modeling to improve identification of cybersecurity threats and perform effective risk mitigation.
- Help develop security standards and policies across all aspects of our product.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Security Engineer, or in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system and OS hardening.
- Extensive experience with AWS.
- Experience with the HashiCorp Stack (Vault, Consul, Nomad).
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and management.
- Experience with logging systems and analysis.
- Strong proven programming skills.
- Problem-solving mindset, positive attitude and openness to feedback.
- Responsibly disclosed CVEs or Wall of Fame mentions.
- Contributions to open source security software.
- Experience with Go.
- Passion about games and their potential.
We kindly request that you only apply for this role if you are within the UTC-7 to UTC+2 time zones as we will not be able to consider your application otherwise.
- Problem-solving mindset
- Positive attitude
- Openness to feedback
- Passionate about games and creativity