Technical Lead Manager - Mobile
United States /
Engineering – Engineering /
Apply for this job
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We're dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid's network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Mobile team provides mobile SDKs for customers to quickly and easily integrate Link into their applications. We own Plaid's mobile Link SDK product and strategy. Some of the important aspects of our mobile SDK include end user conversion, end user privacy, usability, brand sentiment, and 3rd party developer experience. TLDR; We care about every angle of the Link mobile experience.
The Technical Lead Manager will lead a mobile team of 3 other engineers who own Plaid's Android, iOS, and react-native SDKs. You will be a player/coach on the team. Approximately 25% of your time will be spent on team management and leadership, and 75% of your time will be spent hands-on as an engineer. This is an opportunity to craft the team vision, strategy, and roadmap in partnership with your PMs, architecture lead, team ICs, and adjacent engineering teams to help solve problems as a team.
In addition, you will facilitate career growth for each of your reports, leveraging Plaid's career ladder and providing ongoing feedback. As an engineer on the team, you will bring expertise in either the Android or iOS platform, and within that platform you will improve our SDK to leverage the latest and greatest technologies.
What excites you
- Building mobile SDKs that are used by the top fintech applications and seen by millions of consumers.
- Learning about the latest technologies in mobile development to keep Plaid at the cutting edge of what's possible.
- Digging through finance's complex challenges—and reimagining the onboarding experience completely.
- Joining a remote team of collaborative product managers, designers, and engineers who are fired up about our mission.
What excites us
- 8-10 years experience with mobile development on either Android or iOS
- Deep experience with either Kotlin or Swift.
- Enough familiarity with either Objective-C or Java to ensure SDK compatibility with applications written in that language.
- Success mentoring other engineers to increase their skills and leadership capabilities.
- A track record of driving the success of projects with company-level impact.
- Passion for identifying opportunities and creating new ways to leverage mobile technologies.
- SDK experience is a plus!
$187,200 - $280,800 a year
Target base salary for this role is between $187,200 to $280,800 per year. Additional compensation in the form(s) of equity and/or commission are dependent on the position offered. Plaid provides a comprehensive benefit plan, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). Pay is based on factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience and skillset, and location. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Apply for this job