Sword is a leader in data insights, digital transformation, and technology services with a substantial reputation in software development, complex business IT projects and mission critical operations. With over 2,500 Technology, Digital & Software specialists working globally, we unlock solutions to the most critical business technology challenges.
Working within our Business Technology Solutions Business Unit as a Cloud SME, this position will suit someone who can provide Cloud / Azure subject matter expertise in our client projects.
The purpose of the Cloud SME role is ensuring the delivery of the Azure Platform for data, applications and infrastructure within projects to achieve planned objectives.
- Acting as an SME for Azure delivery in support of ongoing integration activities,
- Responsible for the configuration and management of Azure required for successful solution delivery,
- Providing SME knowledge and design engineering that leads to the creation of high quality project delivery,
- Working across Solution Design & Architecture team, vendors, project team and wider IS team to define well designed solutions that meet project requirements,
- Liaison and engagement with 3rd party vendors,
- Producing and completing high level and low-level solution designs in line with company architecture and strategy,
- Identifying divergences from best practice within projects and leading resolution processes,
- Researching and providing solutions to complex application integration issues,
- Installation, configuration, administration, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of project solutions prior to production deployment,
- Ensure timely and accurate testing prior to deployment,
- Engagement with support groups to ensure successful technical go-live and hand over to support,
- Use change management processes to prevent unplanned production disruptions and outages,
- Be innovative, pragmatic and enthusiastic to ensure safe, secure and reliable project delivery.
- IT/IS oil and gas experience,
- Experience in company divestments and integrations an advantage,
- AZ-103 Azure Administrator certification and/or relevant Azure experience,
- Broad experience in IaaS, SaaS and PaaS,
- Scripting for Azure automation,
- Azure Active directory,
- Azure policies and monitoring, Azure security manager, Cost & Billing management and Azure blueprints,
- Cloud capacity management,
- Cloud security,
- DevOps experience an advantage,
- Good familiarity with Windows operating systems (Client and Server),
- Ability to act proactively, escalating as required,
- Excellent problem-solving skills,
- Strong knowledge and experience of IT change management processes and principles.
Sword offers career paths in rapidly evolving technology spaces including Data & AI, Modern Managed Services, Information Management, Digital Services, Content Services, and Modern Workplace Transformation.
Our team culture is based on building inclusive teams, investing in training and development, the quality of our interactions with our customers and our position as an employer of choice in the areas in which we operate.
All Sword Group colleagues are supported and encouraged to develop their career with Sword through our personal training and development plan alongside a competitive salary, pension, private healthcare, and employee assistance programme.