Job Posting Title: Program Development Manager / Engineering Project Manager
Department: Project management team in Engineering Department
Location: Tokyo / Remote
Issue date: Oct, 2022
Two roles are described in this Job description. Candidate is expected to start his/her role with either of them and grow to take both roles in a few years.
PDM: Program development manager
EPM: Engineering project manager
Job Profile Summary - PDM
- Program Manager conducts Audio and ASM, Active Sound Management, system development for automotive applications.
- Program Manager integrates all related projects across engineering, operations, quality, and business areas in order to package our technology into products for our automotive customers and deliver experiences to the end-users in vehicle cabin.
- Program Manager executes the development maintaining Quality/Cost/Delivery target with interacting internal functional team and the customers, automobile companies.
Job Profile Summary – EPM
Electrical Engineer/Engineering Program Management conducts audio system development for automotive applications.
Key Responsibilities - PDM
- Execute Bose Audio and ASM system application development management based on the R&D estimate described the project scope and the customer requirements with following the internal and the external processes and standards.
- Create and maintain the development scope.
- Communicate stakeholders internal and external.
- Act as a primary interface with the customers’ engineering leadership.
- Manage system level activities, from internal program approval through post SOP, Start of production, launch window.
- Manage and track all changes.
- Meet targets for R&D cost, component standard cost, development timing, performance, and quality.
- Manage all necessary project related documents internal and external.
- Schedule and negotiate the system level activities such as Audio/ASM system tuning, aligning with both customer and internal resources.
- Manage engineers to pass the customer and internal design reviews.
- Create and maintain the system level BOM(Bill of material)
- Maintain program information database.
- Track system development action items internal and external. Manage PPAP activities.
- Attend internal monthly project review meeting to report the assigned programs development status and key massages, actions, events.
- Identify and escalate potential problems in sufficient time for corrective actions to be implemented.
Key responsibilities – EPM
- Manage customer requirement specification including change management and arranging translation.
- Elicits, analyzes, documents and validates the customer requirements for an audio system development in vehicle.
- Create and maintain vehicle audio system requirement specification timely conclusion.
- Arrange amplifier vehicle system validation test items cooperatively with internal team through negotiation with customer.
- Attend design review to confirm audio system and vehicle system requirements.
- Conduct initial amplifier performance and functional feasibility check at concept stage by communicating both with internal team and customer at concept stage.
- Arrange amplifier validation test items cooperatively with internal team through negotiation with customer.
- Conduct amplifier application development such as circuit design/review, PCB design/review, components selection/review, EMI review, Drawing creation/review, BOM creation/review.
- Conduct plant and supplier arrangement for prototype build and customer prototype parts delivery.
- Conduct vehicle level operation check/review and manage issues found during these activities by communicating both internally and with customer.
- Conduct detail amplifier measurement, evaluation as needed.
- Submit required documents related to activities above both internally and to customer.
Key Competencies and Skills - common
- Customer orientation
- Demonstrates a commitment to understand, meet, and exceed the needs of those who can benefit from Bose products and services.
- Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Problem solving meeting facilitation
- Set a meeting with agenda which optimizes the meeting goal. Pull out the knowledges and true voices from attendees. Manage attendees to lead the meeting goal.
- Microsoft 365 standard applications operation skill
- Create documents with Microsoft Word /Excel /PowerPoint at least.
- A level of Excel skill required to manage multiple data. (Tables, Pivot table, Lookups, Filters, etc)
- Power Apps, Dataverse, Sharepoint, Power Automate, Power Query skill appreciated.
- Fluent Japanese conversation skill and documentation.
- English documentation, emails.
- English conversation (ex: TOEIC 600+ preferred)
Education and Experience Requirements – who will start as a PDM
More than 3 years of experience of Project manager, Account manager, or similar role in the automotive industry.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certified preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements – who will start as an EPM
Bachelor’s or Master degree of electrical or system engineering.
Experience in electric or system design, analysis and measurement over 5 years.
Experience in system requirement management.
Experience in automotive system engineering preferred.
Driver’s license is required
Remote working environment - common
Remote working may be directed by your supervisor. For such case, secure the remote working environment and equipment where you can focus on work and quiet space for you and for your meeting attendees.