Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
How you will contribute
- Utilize mechanical ability and knowledge to repair, replace defective parts and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints or sketches.
- Working knowledge to include (but not restricted to) pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, drives, machining of parts, some electrical knowledge, hand tool usage, and welding.
- Must be qualified to operate forklifts, manlifts, ladders and scaffolds.
- Work effectively with electrical, boiler room, and/ or operations personnel when needed.
- Participate in groups or teams to enhance the reliability and productivity of equipment and processes.
- Report all work through a computerized maintenance system (SAP).
- Assist enhancements to computerized maintenance system.
- Work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Knowledge and complete usage of LOTO, hot work permits, confined space permits.
- Protect the company's investment in machinery and equipment by exercising proper care, skill and knowledge in the use of Company investments.
- Support and participate in business initiatives ie. HACCP, QCMS, etc.
More about this role
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Served and satisfactorily completed an approved Apprenticeship or Training
- At least 2 years manufacturing experience in similar positions
- Ability to work any shift, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision
- Able to learn and apply Continuous Improvement tools (IL6S)
- Capable of working effectively as part of a High Performance Team
- Ability to problem solve and help with practical solution
- Climb steps
- Lift 50 pounds and maintain balance
- Ability to perform duties in extreme varying temperatures
- Crawl over, under and into equipment as necessary to perform job duties
- Work from ladders and lifts
Work schedule: Availability to work all shifts
Pay Rate: $36.99 Hourly. plus shift differential.
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
For office-based, salaried roles at Bakery and Customer Service & Logistics locations, and some remote roles proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious, medical and/or other accommodations as required by law will be considered on a case by case basis. You may review the Mondelēz COVID vaccination policy by visiting the US careers website at https://www.mondelezinternational.com/United-States. This COVID-19 vaccine mandate does not apply to several U.S. states that do not permit certain vaccination mandates, including, but not limited to Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Montana, North Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia.