Standard AI has transformed retail as we know it. With the first autonomous retail solution that works in any existing store, we enable customers to walk in, grab what they need, and walk out - without waiting in line or stopping to pay. The company's computer vision solution is the only one that can be quickly and easily installed in retailers' existing stores, representing a giant leap forward for retail tech that enables retailers to rapidly deliver amazing new shopping experiences to customers. Standard has launched dozens of stores alongside Circle K, Compass Group, and others and have hundreds more on the way. We're the most well funded in our space, backed by some of Silicon Valley's leading investors including SoftBank, CRV, Initialized, EQT, Draper Associates, and Y Combinator.
We're looking for a Controller to own all accounting and controllership activities. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, you will work directly with stakeholders across the company and executive team to help set direction for our financial governance. You will also play a key role in providing mentorship and guidance to the accounting team supporting their continuous growth and development, working collaboratively with the team to design and execute best-in-class strategies, accounting processes, and controls.
This is a Full-Time role and can be based remotely anywhere within the US on an ongoing basis. Standard AI is a remote first company. We want our employees to have the flexibility to create work habits, locations, and schedules that best fit their lives.
What you'll do here:
- Lead all aspects of accounting, including implementation of processes and internal controls necessary for GAAP standards, and develop and scale the organization for growth
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly close process and preparation of financial statements
- Ensure the development and adoption of strong accounting policies, procedures and IT systems that comply with best practices, including improving our international consolidation processes
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure timely recording of transactions and the completeness and accuracy of all financial reporting
- Drive continuous improvement in internal control processes
- Own relationship with external auditors and be responsible for annual audits
- Provide guidance on relevant domestic and international regulations and ensure compliance with reporting requirements
- Work with FP&A on monthly financial reporting, forecast vs budget and cash flow projections
- Key liaison for deliverables to Audit Committee
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience in a senior accounting position in a growing company from a relevant industry; prior experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm is preferred; tech start-up experience required
- 2+ years of experience managing a team
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with deep experience in the areas of revenue recognition, stock-based compensation accounting, tax and compliance with US GAAP.
- Excellent knowledge of internal controls and ability to identify and recommend new changes to controls
- Extraordinary communication and organizational skills, with a proven record of success in dynamic environments
Why you might want to work with us:
- Very competitive compensation. The target starting range for this role is base salary $200k - $250k + stock options + benefits. The total compensation package will depend on multiple factors such as location, level, related experience and interview performance.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision premiums, as well as generous contributions towards dependent premiums.
- An inclusive culture. Employee Resource Groups, DEI focused training and resources, and opportunities for community service and engagement.
- Fertility and family planning assistance provided through Maven Clinic, as well as flexible scheduling to accommodate for childcare needs and generous parental leave policies.
- Flexible Time Off to be used for vacations, sick time and/or mental health days, 12 US Company Holidays plus 2 additional Floating Holidays.
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.