United States /
MS - Managed Application Services / DBA – Core DB Services Open Source /
At Navisite, celebrating our employees and investing in their well-being and development is not just a priority or an initiative - it's woven directly into our company fabric. Our mantra and unofficial corporate hashtag #SoMuchGood is all about recognizing our team's commitment and achievements, both inside and outside the office. It's that theme that has driven a host of programs at Navisite - it's who we are. What we do is simple: We work hard, we have fun, we give back to the community and we never take our eye off the goal - creating a modern cloud MSP with a global, talented team of employees. Join us and be part of our team!!
SUMMARY Coordinates physical changes to computer databases; and develops, tests, and implements physical database by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Advise the customer on best practices
· Implement best practices on MySQL Server Databases and Servers
· Interface and communicate with customers
· Interface and communicate with other internal departments at Navisite.
· Participate in an on call rotation
· Install and configure MySQL Server
· Document processes and procedures
· Implement/Support Replication and high availability tools and methods
· Implement/Support Clustering
· Implement/Support Online Backups
· Participate in migrations for customers
· Participate in upgrades
· Basic understanding of Innodb
· Basic understanding of the AWS infrastructure
· Keep time entry up to date within 24 hours
· Advise customers on hardware and licensing questions
· Ensure that customers are have appropriate maintenance in place including backups, index maintenance, consistency checks and statistics maintenance
· Support SSIS, SSRS, SSAS solutions for customers
· Query tuning
· Continue to learn new skills involved in being a MySQL Server DBA as the technology evolves
· Keep up to date with new releases of MySQL Server and advise customers of the aspects that pertain to them
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Navisite is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Navisite does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Internal Applicants – No sponsorship available / External Applicants – Sponsorship not guaranteed. Any potential sponsorship depends on a number of factors, including but not limited to the local candidate pool and can vary from year to year.