Finance & Enterprise Operations – Controllership /
Our Finance teams strive to accurately report the financial position of Nielsen, seeking to continuously improve finance processes, controls and systems. We aim to provide clear and insightful financial information to our business leaders in order to drive positive action. As a team, we work in the spirit of integrity, accountability, quality and diligence, while maintaining the highest ethical standard.
Nielsen is looking for a talented Accountant to join our European Operational Controllers. This is a varied role where you will be supporting local finance teams based in France and Germany initially, with scope for an ambitious person to take on additional markets and grow their role into an international position.
You will support all aspects of local controlling and accounting in the local market; assist with the coordination of activities between Operational Controlling, Revenue Controlling and Business Finance; perform local accounting activities specific to the respective market; and support the local core finance processes.
We offer a flexible working environment where you may chose to work from home or in the office.
- Support the local controllership / accounting function
- Ensure adequate performance and reporting on the following by leveraging both onshore and offshore resources:
- US-GAAP accounting/closing, accruals, and account reconciliations
- Financial closing and consolidation
- Procure-to-pay functions (invoice & payment processing, T&E, etc)
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliation
- Assist in the statutory and tax accounting (Local GAAP, statutory financial statements, tax calculations, VAT returns) and audit processes
- Support compliance with all relevant global, regional or local policies, procedures and guidelines
- Assist in producing monthly closing dashboard, and quarterly and year-end reporting packs in accordance with corporate requirements for the local market
- Support Operational Controller to maintain internal controls
- Support the Operational Controller during local internal audit and compliance review assignments
- Assist with the maintenance of local statutory accounts and ensure ongoing compliance to local regulation for the local legal entities
- Work with peer group in Operational Controlling on local controlling, accounting and payment activities and other transverse functions (facilities, HR, internal audit, etc) for accrual input, etc
Education & Training
- Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Local or international Accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, ACMA, or other) preferred
- Fluency in English mandatory; one of regional language preferred: German, French or one of Nordics languages
- Relevant professional experience in accounting or financial controlling
- External audit or public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with local statutory requirements and statutory audits (Local GAAP, statutory financial statements, tax calculations, VAT returns) preferred
- Knowledge and experience with US-GAAP preferred
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP) preferred
- IT-PC literate (Google for Work, Microsoft Office)
- Strong communication skills, team player, leadership traits
What can we offer you as an employee of Nielsen Media
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits we offer a varied area of responsibility as well as an open corporate culture with numerous development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values can be found not only on our homepage, but also in everyday work. An informal atmosphere in a dynamic media company with opportunities for ownership and personal development.
Country specific benefits include:
Union Private Med NEXT Health Insurance
Cafeteria Flex plan
Sport tickets, cultural tickets ,nursery school and kindergarten cost reimbursement, SZEP card (accommodation, meals and recreation)
Life and accidental insurance- with high coverage for unexpected events
Paid holidays - Additional vacation incentive days are granted by the employer: annually 2 days, for employees who entirely consumed their annual vacation entitlement until the 5th working day of January the next year
Costs of going to work - 100% reimbursed from outside Budapest (only the long distance part)
Screen glasses: the company subsidizes the purchase of screen glasses
Lucrative referral program
Access to Spring Health - Personalized mental healthcare platform
Here at Nielsen, we believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Nielsen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from people that are excited to work for us, regardless of their background - so please get in touch!
Nielsen provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to any protected characteristics under local law.