United States /
Engineering – QA Team /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It's our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of "The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023" by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for a well-rounded QA Manager with a passion for quality assurance. In this role, you will own our testing strategy, implement and execute a manual test plan and test cases, and more. You will advocate for our customers and help deliver great value in terms of quality, usability, and functionalities to our customers.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we're looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Recruit, develop, and guide a distributed QA team
- Partner with various stakeholders to comprehend the scope, priority, timeline, and ambiguities of any release
- Partner with QA and Software Engineers to understand every aspect of gated features including their requirements, the existing test plan, automation test coverage, and known issues
- Partner closely with QA Engineers to develop and execute test plans, report bugs, and validate them once ready
- Effectively communicate release status - progress, critical issues, and risks, with all stakeholders and propose appropriate mitigation plans and actions
- Deliver and maintain a strong balance between high-quality products and time-to-market
- Partner with QA Engineers to analyze and triage production issues
What we value:
- 5+ years of testing SAAS-based applications for desktop and mobile devices
- Proven track records of managing quality engineers
- Desire to lead by example and remain hands-on in all capacities of testing and releasing products
- Ability to undertake loosely defined goals or complex problems to create order, and drive to closure
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, with a bias towards action and results
- Conflict resolution skills including the ability to bridge style differences
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Ability to mentor/coach/teach/facilitate and lead change in a highly technical/dynamic team
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.