Sweep is hiring a UX Writer, tasked to make Sweep's copy simple, accurate and engaging, whether it's in the UI, platform content like in our carbon surveys, or in our training and documentation.
You are based in the UK or France (ideally London or Paris) to work closely with our design teams.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
We've raised a total of USD 100 Million in 12 months, ready to accelerate on our mission and to have real impact, real fast.
I'm intrigued. What would I be doing?
You will have a key role in making sense of complex, nonlinear user interfaces with the exact right words in the right place, and making sure our users can swiftly navigate and absorb the complexities of carbon accounting.
Together with our quickly growing team, you will turn complex facts into accessible, actionable and engaging prose. From nailing the perfect two words on a button in the product, build out scalable and consistent systems, to editing best-in class documentation, this is a UX copy role with a broad remit, and will never be repetitive or boring.
We're aiming to build the best (sounding) software and marketplace out there, and become an authoritative voice that makes climate topics digestible, leading to action.
Nice. Can you be a bit more specific please?
In your day to day, you will...
1. Craft words for a better world 💬
- UX writing: Help the product team build intuitive experiences and interfaces, lead by smart copy.
- Translations: Manage the localisation of our offerings for various languages and countries, working with translators and agencies on adapting both language and meaning of our words.
- Copywriting: Accessible documentation, informative climate project descriptions, engaging marketing content and pitch-perfect sales materials, etc.
2. Be the guardian of our voice 🚨
- Maintain the Sweep UX copy bank and tone of voice guidelines - from overall vibes to whether we like an Oxford comma - and ensure compliance across the team.
- Collaborate with the Marketing content team on our copy guidelines, to ensure we connect the dots across the customer journey and speak in one voice across all channels.
3. Become an advocate for Sweep 🎙
- Develop a deep understanding of climate change, and how better corporate practices and innovative climate solutions will make all the difference.
- Actively develop copywriting as a an important and integrated discipline within Sweep.
- Represent our mission externally, through active exchange with the industry, to help build Sweep's network and thought leadership credentials.
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Good you asked. This is who we're looking for:
- English native speaker
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in writing engaging copy
- Experience with UX copywriting and ideally also more long-form content like product documentation
- A diverse portfolio that shows your knack for tackling all sorts of tasks, and for turning complex things into simple words
- Ideally you already come with a deep knowledge of climate change and climate action
- You're an empathetic team player that is great at building lasting relationships
- A strategic thinker, who sees both the big picture and the smaller underlying mechanics
- A hands-on problem solver, self-motivated with a glass half-full attitude
- An entrepreneurial mind, ready to launch and fail and iterate
- Attuned to remote collaboration, using digital tools and meticulously documenting work
- A desire and ambition to grow, mentor and support other staff on the team
Ok, sounds fun. And what's in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that wants to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we're hitting the ground running and aim to have an impact fast. Joining this journey allows you to grow with us, own your role, and really help shape our path.
You will join a dynamic team of engineers, business minds, creatives and carbon experts spread across Europe and beyond. We're a fun bunch of people that want to work hard and enjoy ourselves while doing so. We believe in creating a calm environment that knows that life is not just work, and we'll all be doing better work because of that.
We're big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That's why we're an "Entreprise à Mission" and a Certified B Corp.
We think this might be the ride of our lives. And hopefully yours, too.
Now, what are you waiting for? 😀
To apply, please submit your CV and a portfolio with past work. Make sure it shows range. Please also provide details of your role on the projects.