**This is a remote position within the UK/EU, however, we are looking for someone willing to travel to the UK office at times in the year to collaborate with the team**
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air. With the current climate crisis, it is ever important to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. The trouble is, there's nothing modern about rail's online customer experience.
Our global company is working to solve that problem, delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets.
As a Technical Lead, you provide a blend of hands-on and technical leadership within a team of software engineers building high availability services. You apply your proven record developing and influencing teams delivering internet scale applications and have deep technical skills; you're comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment and have a history of identifying pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Analyze requirements from customers and business owners. Turn business requirements into engineering requirements. Write backlog stories.
- Work with team members to design web and mobile applications to meet those business requirements.
- Develop high level project plans to meet customer needs and lead the team to execute against the business commitments using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Collaborate effectively within a cross-functional organization to prioritize, scope, and communicate progress of deliverables.
- Be able to leverage production monitoring tools to troubleshoot production issues.
- Mentor and guide junior developers on the team.
Competence and skills
- Prior Experience with iOS and Android is required
- Experience with Direct or business to consumer applications is essential
- Experience with Firebase, TestFlight would be beneficial as well as 12factors, design patters and SOLID principles
- Previous experience in leading teams to apply CI/CD in development practice.
- Experience of AWS Kubernetes and Docker implementations is a plus.
- Exposure to API design in service-based architectures
- Ability to independently lead and contribute to projects spread across multiple development teams. Outstanding leadership, time management, and communication skills and the ability to work independently
- Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we put our culture at the centre of everything we do.
- We are a hard working, forward thinking team that embraces a work life balance and has fun along the way.
- We support flexible working and the view that we bring together great people that love what they do and collaboratively strive for excellence.
- With an average Glassdoor grade of 4.7 and 100% recommendation rates we provide an awesome working environment with room to grow.
- A unique opportunity to work for a tech start-up who are revolutionising the way we travel
- A hybrid, flexible working model with a beautiful central London office, and the possibility to work from home on the other days
- For the right candidate, we can offer a wealth of career development opportunities.
- A company that encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration in a DevOps Culture.
- Our teams health and wellness is important to us, so we offer a number of wellbeing seminars, yoga classes, and membership to the #1 leading meditation app
- We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare and more.
Although we have been around for more than 10 years, we consider ourselves an agile start-up business and are using the Scrum framework for all our software development world-wide. We believe in fail-fast-fail-early and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. Especially in the European market we have developed into a force to be reckoned with given our agility and refreshingly novel approaches.
Come and join our team … we are Stronger Together!