Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We are looking for people who wish to grow in a dynamic Technical Support environment. Our ideal candidate is a customer focused individual that leverages his/her technical expertise for giving best support that benefits our users. Above all, we need individuals who are enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, and rewarding cross-functional setting.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide best support and solutions to our Customers through tickets, chat, emails, Premium Slack, Skype etc.
- A desire to help customers, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs.
- Be a good team player who works well in a 24/7 collaborative environment.
- Perform complex web migrations and support junior coworkers with their migration processes.
- Help customers with application load tests and application upgrades etc, and provide support to juniors with their deployments.
- Convert complex chat queries of customers to tickets when needed.
- Help junior team members with reaction to Alerts where needed on different monitoring frameworks. (slack, sensu and zabbix)
- Monitor and react to different abuse reports (Slack and emails, etc.) in close coordination with different teams.
- Assist "Team Leads" to develop and improve internal development tools and dashboards..
- Be able to cater complex queries on chats/tickets and provide support to juniors with the rest of chats/tickets.
- Be able to provide basic technical training to Juniors.
- Be able to cater complex cloudways infrastructure issues and escalate them in a timely manner to Team leads if necessary.
- Go through the chats & tickets on a weekly basis and check for the repeated issues which can be suggested as incremental improvements to devops and present them to Team Leads.
- Be able to automate any procedure with the current operations that can save team time.
What You'll Add to DigitalOcean:
- BS/BE in Computer Science/Engineering or related field having 4-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong-Advanced knowledge of Linux operating environments (Debian, Ubuntu, Centos) and different web technologies (apache, nginx, varnish, memcache, mysql, apc, php-fpm, etc).
- Advanced skill level in system performance troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of different services ((GIT, SMTP, DNS, OpenVPN, postfix, crons, SSL, Sensu)
- Analysis of logs (sys, stack).
- Debugging of open source application related issues.
- Ability to cope up with new / unknown technical issues. Initiative in tackling new problems with an imaginative approach
- Strong knowledge of web applications migration process (unknown issues, CMS migration, troubleshooting, perfection, Cpanel & other hostings knowledge, advance cli commands to pull data)
- Working experience in PHP based Open Source web applications (Preferably: WordPress, Drupal, Magento etc).
- Good experience with MySQL.
- Good knowledge of monitoring frameworks like Zabbix and Nagios.
- Possess excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Should be an independent player who would be able to work independently on shifts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers.
- Strong understanding of systems and troubleshooting techniques.
- Should be process oriented and Proactive.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce processes.
- Ability to operate in an Agile and Kanban environment.
- Good knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (like AWS, GCE etc.).
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for PaaS/cloud service providers.
- Good mentorship skills.
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We reward our employees. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role