Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
Role Overview Job Overview And Responsibilities
- Provide on-going support for a chemical manufacturing operation at the Solvay zhang jia gang site.
- Actively involved in the installation, specification, design, installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of the necessary electric equipment, controls to support the on-going manufacturing processes and support new installations to upgrade Process Safety or increase the level of electric equipment.
- Provide technical expertise and day-to-day engineering in support of the batch operations and improvement of the manufacturing facility and support / execution of the site capital program as it applies to electric equipment.
- Interaction with the operations, maintenance, engineering and contractor employees, design and modification of existing and new equipment/programming/facilities.
- Data analysis , troubleshooting problems, identify root cause(s), present conceptual solutions, prepare detailed engineering, electric equipment design, feasibility studies, recommend and implement process improvements. This individual must be committed to the site Manufacturing Excellence Program, focused on reliability, operability and safety of processes,electric equipment; benchmarking and improving process performance; and implementing robust systems to sustain improvements.
- Support to the production team on troubleshooting problem also during evening and night shift via communication on call and/or remotely through Tools.
- Support maintenance effort for interlocks.
- Be a leader in the effort to achieve superior Health, Safety and Environmental performance, especially in the areas of process safety such as PMS, SIF, PHA.
- Be Supported by a global network of electric equipment professionals insideSolvay.
- To assist maintenance Manager for any assignments.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineer, Automation Engineer, Instrument Engineer, or equivalent technical discipline is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Electronics Engineer in the Chemical or related industry is required.
- Knowledge of ISA standards for application of electric system and safety.
- Experience reading and interpreting PI&D drawings, process diagrams, and
electrical loop/wiring schematics. Technical Skills
- Working with Instrument / Electrical Technicians and the Process Control Group to conduct troubleshooting of electric equipment
- Working knowledge of electric equipment documentation such as: Panel (Junction Box and Marshalling) Design P&ID's, loop drawings, wiring drawings, motor control schematics, control narratives
- Cause & Effect Diagrams
- Electric equipmentSpecifications (Datasheets)
- Ability to use CAD software to make changes to P&IDs, single line diagrams, loop drawings, cabinet layout drawing.
- Project management skills and a demonstrated ability to provide leadership in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering in chemical manufacturing plant.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to chemical manufacturing units.
- Knowledge of electric equipment safety systems, layers of protection analysis, management of risk, and maintenance of safety systems.
- Ability to work independently toward assigned objectives with minimal
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, develop and deliver presentations, and facilitate inter-department projects.
- Must be very methodical and thorough, able to take high-level perspective views of problems and analyze technical requirements from a variety of perspectives
- Must be able to provide leadership to generate options, resolve problems, prioritize solutions, select optimal solutions, and implement decisions.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to troubleshoot process and equipment problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and high performance teams with other personnel including operators, technicians, engineers, vendors,contractors, subordinates, peers, and superiors.
Additional Information Solvay’s purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us.