The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you'll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
We've been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There's plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Migration Consultant, India, Remote
We are looking for experienced database developers proficient in Oracle PL/SQL and/or Postgres PL/pgSQL to migrate databases into EDB PostgresSQL. You will be part of a highly talented team that performs competitive migrations, architecting database and high availability solutions using PostgreSQL.
- 2 - 5 years of oracle or PostgreSQL development / DBA experience
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience in SQL and Procedural Languages (PL/PSQL or Pl/PgSQL)
- Hands on experience in designing and developing database solutions
- Hands-on Scripting using any of perl, python, bash, java and any others
- Working knowledge of ETL process, DB Design and Data Structures
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to learn and develop creative solutions
- Good knowledge of Query Optimiser, Execution Plans, Profiler, SQL tuning advisor
- Good knowledge on logical and physical Data Modelings using normalising Technique
- Client facing skills, Excellence in written and verbal communication
- Perform database Migrations from Oracle, SQL Server, and/or MySQL to PostgreSQL
- Analyse and Identify the migration strategy to convert database schema objects and database code objects into PostgreSQL
- Identify and develop workarounds for custom database objects/code into PostgreSQL equivalents
- Develop and implement schema conversions to PostgreSQL databases using Migration tools.
- Develop and implement data migrations to PostgreSQL databases using migration tools
- Lead scoping effort on schema conversion and data migration
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We'd love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company's integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request