Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
As the Data SRE, you will install, operate and monitor specific components of Netskope's production data services. In addition, you will provide technical leadership by sharing best practices and technology trends.
- Embrace our corporate culture by fostering collaboration without boundaries, and encourage teamwork and communication that is clear, open, and honest.
- Develop and actively supply implementations, service definitions, component interfaces, and experimental prototypes to the operations, and engineering teams for data systems within a product or service family.
- Design, develop, test, document, and implement strategies, automation, and solutions for Netskope's production data services.
- Understand, and be able to communicate, the non-functional requirements for the data systems (security, reliability, scalability, maintainability, etc.).
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of designated Netskope products, services, and their dependent infrastructure in order to support and improve the reliability, function, and scalability of these solutions.
- Act as the technical and agile lead for projects spanning one or more areas, teams, and technologies.
- 7+ years of demonstrated expertise in designing, building, and managing complex computing and data systems including 1-2 years experience as a Data Systems or Systems Architect.
- 2+ years of general Site Reliability Engineering or related experience.
- 2+ years of experience with medium to large-scale clustered data system environments.
- Comprehensive understanding of computer internal architecture and design to include working knowledge of specific details and design of some variants of the *NIX-based operating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large-scale functional data system architectures and implementation designs, in collaboration with stakeholders in a distributed workforce environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to act as subject matter expert, tracking technology/industry trends, and providing data-driven reasoning for recommending technology paths.
- Demonstrated ability to sanitize and automate a rapidly growing global system
- Expertise with operational support systems, automation, and CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of Agile project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages including Python, C, C++, and Go.
- Knowledge of modern data technologies (MongoDB, MySQL, ScyllaDB, Cassandra, Kafka, Pulsar, Redis, etc)
- Knowledge of any cloud and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, KVM, OpenStack, or any orchestration platforms)
- Established a track record for providing valuable feedback during the planning and implementation of existing projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a combination of comparable education and experience typically obtained by 5 or more years of related work experience.
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.