Growth Engineer (with Computer Science Background)
- Supporting the Growth team's experimentation processes and collaborating with other teams
- Coding, analyzing, and contributing to various Growth workstreams
- Assisting in debugging, peer-reviewing code, and QAing new features before release
- Taking ownership of experiment translations and managing the experimentation process end-to-end
The Fabulous goal is to help people all over the world master the art of behavior change and build healthy habits. In joining the team, you will become a part of helping millions achieve their goals and change their lives.
At Fabulous, our Growth team packs a one-two punch. Our team is made up of behavioral scientists and growth product managers. We're unique in the tech/health & wellness world, applying behavioral insights to help better our product, inform our experimentation, and optimize our growth work.
We're looking for someone who is highly analytical and creative to join our team as the Growth Engineer Intern for a 6-month placement.
Working at Fabulous
Fabulous is a mobile app helping thousands of people every day to change their lifestyles by integrating healthy habits into their lives. Fabulous is using a behavioral economics lens to help everyone achieve their fullest potential. We work closely with researchers based at Duke University and our advisor is Dan Ariely, author of NYT bestseller Predictably Irrational.
Michelangelo, the famous Italian sculptor, once said: "Every block of stone has a statue inside it, and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it."
At Fabulous, every team member is a sculptor in their own right. Together, we help millions of users step out of their block of stone and step into the fullest version of their life.
- Apple Best Apps of 2018
- Editor's app choice in more than 30 countries.
- Winner of Google's Material Design Award
- Best App Finalist in Google Play Awards
- Ranked 5th Health & Fitness app
Support the entire experimentation processes of the Growth team. Code, analyze and work in every facet of the Growth workstreams. Collaborate with the Product Development team and the Data Science team. earn and train in the skills of growth product management/product management.
- Peer-reviewing Growth code and assisting in code review for Growth experiment
- Assisting with experiment launches on Google Firebase
- Debugging code and working closely with the product development team
- Assist in QAing new features prior to releases
- Peer-reviewing experiment analysis
- Owning the translations of winning experiments into other languages/across platforms, and owning this experimentation process from start to finish.
- Has a background in software engineering
- Is comfortable with statistical significance and common types of statistical bias
- Understands the basics of good experimental design
- Is passionate about growth, metrics, and providing an outstanding user experience
- Is data-driven and analytical. Our team strives to find user patterns and leverage them to optimize key metrics and user experience.
- Passion for learning and an interest in behavioral science is a bonus
What would be Fabulous:
- Ideally, has a bachelor's degree in statistics, computer science, engineering, any technical major, or related work experience.
- Has designed and run AB/ RCT trials before. Understand the nuances of good experimental design.
- Background in data science is a bonus.
- Background/interest in ML.
A professionally nourishing environment with:
- Monthly Workshops
- A Book Club
- Team Challenges
- Team-Building Activities
- A flexible and fully remote working environment
And the opportunity to work on a fast-growing product with a large user base that is frequently among the Top 10 most downloaded Health and Fitness apps that makes real change in people's lives.
- Excellent analytical skills and being data-driven
- Dedication to learn, interest in behavioral science, and experimentation
- Good communication and team collaboration skills are essential
- Preference for candidates with a background in statistics, computer science, engineering or related fields