Canada - Toronto /
QA & Release Engineering – 746-R&D OLS QA /
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva Systems is looking for a functional QA Engineer who likes to figure out how things work and make sure they are working correctly. This is a hands-on position for delivering a quality SaaS product. You should want to be part of a fast-paced team that is focused on the Consumer Products and Chemical sectors and takes pride in building great software and making customers happy.
What you’ll do
- Create testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing the quality and associated risk
- Work closely with the automation group to automate features for better regression coverage, automate production issues, execute scripts, and triage automation runs
- Develop deep expertise in the product
- Conduct QA tests and verify outcomes within schedules/timelines
- Work with software engineers, product managers, and other QA testers in an Agile team environment
- 2+ years of QA/Development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Software QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box and/or automated testing) in a software company with short release cycles
- Experience in writing test cases and capable of writing basic automation scripts, covering both sanity and in-depth testing including and not limited to boundary, negative, compatibility, and concurrency tests
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics or Computer Science/Applications or similar field
Nice to have
- Experience in Python or other object-oriented programming language like Java
- Experience with Atlassian products like Jira is an advantage
- Experience in a SaaS environment that has an agile development process is a huge plus
Perks & Benefits
- Conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- Snacks, beverages, and weekly lunches from local restaurants
- Team events and rec league sports teams
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Weekly yoga classes
- Ping pong and other games
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]