AT A GLANCE
The Healthline Media team is seeking a UK-based Editor to join us in creating excellent medical content that educates, inspires, and connects with people on their journey to health and wellness.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the content production team. They will work closely with our expert teams of freelance writers, medical professionals, and copy editors to publish informational articles related to a wide range of medical conditions.
As Healthline Media editors, we aim to publish accurate, digestible, inclusive, and actionable health information to support and empower our readers. Editors may work on health information and/or commerce content under the following brands:
- Medical News Today
- Optum Perks
This is a full-time position with the option of working from the Brighton office or remotely within the UK.
We are ideally looking for someone with editorial experience, but we welcome applications from folks who are starting their career journey. We are excited to hear from seasoned editors and talented graduates who are passionate about grammar and have excellent attention to detail.
What You'll Do
- Assign, edit, and publish high quality health information articles
- Follow SEO best practices and meet Healthline Media's high editorial standards
- Work closely with in-house medical reviewers, SEO teams, copy editors, and designers to bring content to life
- Edit articles for medical accuracy, including translating medical research studies for a general audience, with the support of our in-house medical team
- Build articles in our CMS (custom WordPress)
- Assign content to freelance writers, provide feedback, and monitor deadlines
- Meet monthly production goals
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- At least 1 year of editorial experience or a similar relevant background
- Solid research, writing, and editing skills
- An understanding of AP style
- Excellent time management skills; ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Research skills; ability to interpret and translate research studies for a lay audience
- Able to write/edit with an accessible, empathetic, and authoritative voice and tone
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with WordPress and Google Suite
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company.
- Starting Salary: £23,000 - £32,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group's Optum Health. Together we're focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].