We're looking for a CEO to lead Monzo's US team, which we are running as a "startup in a startup". This is the dream job for anyone who is thinking of starting a fintech startup in the US.
Our product vision is to build a financial control center that gives you visibility and control over all your finances (transacting, borrowing, wealth management, insurance, budgeting/admin) in one place. The immediate goal in the US is to find strong product market fit with a product that is a subset of that vision.
We have assembled a small product squad (PM, designer, data scientist, 2 mobile engineers and 5 backend engineers) and launched an MVP of a "money management checking account". The product is working well for a small population of loyal customers, but is lacking some key features and not easy enough to onboard into.
Your mission as CEO of the US business is to iterate as quickly as possible towards product market fit, and to lay the groundwork for subsequent growth.
Facts about Monzo
- Fully licensed digital bank founded in 2015 in the UK
- Industry leading organic growth, engagement and monetization
- 6.8 million retail customers, 90+% of which joined organically at zero CAC
- Weekly transacting user rate of ~60% at 36 months post signup
- $500m annual revenue run rate; growing 10% monthly for 12 months
- Diversified, recession-proof business model on track for profitability in H1 2023
- Most recently valued at $4.5bn; well funded by YC, Accel, General Catalyst, Goodwater Capital, Coatue, Mike Moritz, Eric Schmidt, Kevin Systrom and others
- YC has written a (slightly outdated) article about us, as one of their largest investments and a top 20 largest YC company
This is to give you an idea of the sort of person we're ideally looking for. We will still consider your application if you don't meet them all.
- Founder of a tech startup
- CEO/GM experience, comfortable managing P&L
- Enjoys managing a team of ~20 people with high agency and urgency
- Worked in a small group of product and eng folks to iterate towards product market fit
- Strong interest or experience in fintech
- The US team is distributed across the US and we're open to remote workers, but we have a small office in SF and a cluster of people in NY, so ideally you'd live there or travel there frequently
- Competitive comp with high equity upside
- 🏥 Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 💲 Competitive salary
- 📈 Stock Options
- 💰 Generous 401k with 4% employer match
- 🏝 32 days of vacation and public holidays per year (and we require that you take all of your days each year as we believe that well rested employees are more effective!)
- Maternity / Paternity leave
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2021 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
#LI-RP1 #LI-San Francisco #LI-Remote