AT A GLANCE
Healthline Media is looking for savvy editors to create and update engaging, well-researched, evidence-based, empathetic, and inclusive content that informs and empowers our readers to take healthy actions.
The ideal candidate has solid editing skills, as well as strong project management, communication, and collaboration skills. In this role, you will work closely with SEO analysts, freelance writers, designers, medical reviewers, and copy editors to edit and move content through the editorial process.
Healthline Media aims to provide users with information, solutions, and next steps for their health and wellness. This position could involve work on any or all of the following sites and content areas:
The initial focus of the role will be editing reviews of health products and services on Healthline, likely in the nutrition and fitness space.
What You'll Do
A typical day might include updating an article on the best sources of vitamin B, assigning out articles on meal delivery kits to freelancers, and making sure a skin care brand's new supplement is approved by our internal vetting process. We're looking for someone who loves getting in the weeds of health science and can also zoom out to translate exactly what readers need to know.
- Research, assign, edit, and publish new and updated content according to the specific editorial standards of our brands
- Review and incorporate medical reviewer comments and revisions
- Coordinate and manage all assets for new and updated content, including photos, videos, and social media embeds
- Collaborate with SEO analysts, freelance writers, medical reviewers, designers, and copy editors to shepherd each piece through the editorial workflow:
- Work cross-functionally to update and improve existing content
- Build and develop a pool of expert writers
- Partner with marketing, social, and other business units to promote and optimize content
- Manage publication timelines and adjust priorities as needed based on stakeholder needs
- Be responsible for hitting monthly publication and traffic goals
What We're Looking For
- At least 2 years of editing experience
- Superb research, writing, and editing skills
- Understanding of AP style or other style books
- Excellent communication skills and project management skills
- Excellent skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing workload
- Experience working with a house style guide & content management systems, such as Wordpress
- Ability to grasp the voice, style, and tone of different brands, and to edit according to their unique standards
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Comfort and confidence making content decisions
- Basic understanding of SEO concepts and best practices
- Knowledge and interest in one of more of the following content areas:
- Chronic conditions
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Health products
Preferred but not required:
- Experience as a Registered Dietitian
- A strong research or journalism background or experience in health care
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $55,000-$60,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group's Optum Health. Together we're focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]