Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulip's cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator.
Tulip's HRBP will work with leadership to create overall alignment of Tulip's focus on people and culture. As an accomplished business leader with a strategic mindset and willingness to "roll up your sleeves", you will bring a strong sense of what excellence in great People Ops looks like, as well as possess effective relationship skills. This is a high impact role driving best practices across the organization and will be responsible for building a strategy to strengthen company culture, employee engagement and performance, and the overall effectiveness of the HRBP function.
- Act as HRBP to major department(s) while helping to bootstrap the HRBP function
- Partner with business leaders in creating the people components of the business strategy including learning and development as well as overall organization design
- Oversee and own 1-2 major People programs, such as Performance Management, Learning and Development, Leadership training, etc
- Coach managers on people related matters
- Support the resolution of complex people and employee relations issues across Tulip
- Provide guidance and support on the people strategy across the organization; collaborate with People Ops colleagues on the overall people strategy
- Work in close partnership with the Talent team to ensure overall alignment of the workforce and hiring plan, and the execution of the plan
- Assist in the development of and ensure compliance with company policies / procedures and employment compliance in multiple states.
- Utilize data to identify organizational effectiveness opportunities and to measure the impact of efforts
What skills do I need?
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant HRBP experience, with at least 3 years in a tech startup
- Experience as a direct people management a plus
- Experience as HRBP to the product and engineering organization is a plus
- Experience should include a track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives, developing employees, knowledge of delivering benefits, compensation, and training
- Knowledge and experience with HR practices and policies outside the US, particularly Germany and Hungary, a plus
- Experience in all facets of human resources – performance management, talent assessment, learning and development, organizational design, compensation, benefits and employee relations
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
- This is a Boston based role and does require in-office work, we do have a hybrid work model
- People Operations
- Sales Operations
- Senior Leadership
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you don't match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
We're building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.